Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can I take more her than prescribed  (Read 1150 times)

Charlie62

Can I take more her than prescribed
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »

Hi ladies.
I am using evorel conti patches but am finding my symptoms are up & down. I am fine for a few days then some symptoms reappear. Low mood, lack of concentration, body aches, can't sleep or get comfortable in bed, feeling generally unwell. My question is can/should I be adding something else on the days I feel bad. Can't get a Drs appt just yet so was wondering if I could add another half a patch or should I wait to see the gp? I'm still trying to work through the minfield which is hrt
TIA x

Dancinggirl

Re: Can I take more her than prescribed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »

HRT can't fix everything and it certainly won't make you feel good every day.
Try keeping a food and mood diary to see if there are triggers that give you bad days.
Eating small meals regularly, drinking enough water(not caffiene) and getting some appropriate exercise daily ( brisk walking for 15-30 mins) can keep things in balance.
I also do a lot of Mindulness and relaxation techniques to help me through the low times.
I firmly believe it is a range of strategies that get us through life when meno hits. DG x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »

Hi charlie62

Dancinggirls advice is spot on, but there are a lot of ladies
who add an extra half a patch, because one is not enough.
And because it's a Conti, you'll be getting both hormones as needed.

Xx

Charlie62

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 11:04:50 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies. I did a diary before & have started 1 again. I have noticed that when I change my patch in the morning I feel unwell by the evening & then I feel better for a few days. I'm gping to carry on with the diary for a few weeks to see if there is a pattern. Maybe it's something to do with the patch?

SueLW

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »

You might be getting a hit of hormones when you change the patch and it might be a bit overwhelming for you if you feel unwell that same night. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »

When I tried patches I got an initial hit of oestrogen soon after applying the patch which tapered off.
Try changing the patch in the evening so that initial hit happens during the night?
You might do better with Oestrogel with seperate progesterone as either Utrogestan or Provera. You do have to take Utrogestan just before bedtime as it can make you feel sedated. Many find Provera ok though - it's a matter of trial and error.
Try applying your patches in the evening first to see if that helps.
DG x