Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: High heart rate  (Read 1885 times)

Smokey1234

High heart rate
« on: December 29, 2018, 03:54:51 PM »

Hi
Has anyone had this as a menopause symptom ?

Have had this quite a few times but didn't realise it until Doc sent me to hospital yesterday.
I have also got urine or kidney infection not had either before 
I was sent home at 1130 last night with prescription of buscopan leaflet also says can cause high heart rate,

I've got a fit bit which tells what my heart rate is it's now 201
Does anyone think stress causes this

Thanks Ann. Ps I have ms too .

Conolly

Re: High heart rate
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 04:05:41 PM »

Hello Ann,

Yes, it can be a menopause symptom and also caused by stress, but 201 is a bit too much. Maybe it's a Buscopan side effect as you say. Why are you taking Buscopan? Are you in pain? Are you also on antibiotics for the infection?

Conolly X

Smokey1234

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »

Hi Conolly

Thanks for your reply. It's gone down again now I'm taking buscopan for the urine or kidney infection I've got .it helps with cramps  I'm surprised I didn't get antibiotics to treat the infection. Being passed department to department
In the Hospital having to keep repeating my symptoms each time was tiring to say the least. I'm told to await a letter from them for scan to check my kidneys in case I have kidney stones.

As I have ms any infection makes me ill. It also brings on previous ms symptoms

Perhaps I should ring my ms nurse on Monday and check as she will probably know more than Hospital or Doctor.

Any ladies with ms on here will know if they have had an infection I would imagine

Ann

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:05:40 AM »

If you have a kidney infection it is imperative that you are started straight away on a broad spectrum antibiotic while they work out which specific one you need to fight the bug. Kidney infections can become serious very quickly and can lead to sepsis. I'm completely astounded that you have not been given antibiotics. It took me four months to recover from my last one because I left it a few days before seeking treatment. Please get some medical advice today. Buscopan is for abdominal cramps for IBS etc.

What are your symptoms?

Taz X  :hug:

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »

I would second everything you said Taz. I too have had a kidney infection and they are not to be taken lightly.

See your GP and get him to sort it out Smokey.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »

Two of my symptoms were a low rather than high temperature and fast heart rate. How are you today?

Taz X

Smokey1234

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »

Hi

I've no longer have visible blood in my urine. Still getting stomach cramps and taking the buscopan 3 times each day, have been drinking loads, but last night I slept better but because I didn't wake up so often it meant no extra fluids so had pain as I got to the end of weeing.

My heart rate seems to be ok at the moment but I now recognise it when fast and I think I've had this on and of the past year but didn't realise what it was as it feels totally different to palpitations. I wonder if this is brought on by stress as seem to get it when I'm worrying.

I don't think I have a temperature anymore.

I have managed to get a Doctor to call me back at lunchtime to discuss whether I need antibiotics or not. Can a infection go on it's own or would I get worse again.

The hospital still didn't confirm whether I had urine or kidney infection, I personally  think it's urine infection as if it was kidney wouldn't I be in much more pain.

I do worry when need to go to the loo as soon as I see the toilet I can barely get my trousers down in time it's as if my brain sees it and automatically makes me go.

I really don't want bladder problems as well, which it common with ms.

I'll let you know what the Doctor says when she phones.

Ann x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 11:37:40 AM »

Hope the doc is helpful. I never had visible blood in urine or pain on urination with my kidney infection but did feel very ill! It does sound more like a bladder infection but not sure how the buscopan would help as it's for bowels not bladder? It does cause frequent urination though as the kidneys work harder to extract water from faeces to slow bowel movements down.

Taz x

Conolly

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »

Hello Taz2,

Buscopan is also useful for bladder spasms. The brand name Buscopan IBS is just a marketing tool.

Conolly X

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »

Oh ok. It certainly gets mine working! I've never had a bladder spasm but was not allowed to use them during my last kidney infection?

Taz x

Conolly

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »

I understand that depending on symptoms it's not advisable to take it, for example, if you are having difficulties to urinate or have kidney disease. Anyway, I'm not sure if Buscopan is the ideal drug for bladder spasms since it's mainly eliminated in the stools, hence it's wide use for IBS.

Ann, I wonder if you have Overactive Bladder Syndrome?

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/Overactive%20bladder%20syndrome%20%28OAB%29_NBT002734.pdf

Conolly X

Smokey1234

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:29 PM »

Hi

Well Gp rang me back same day and has sent me a prescription electronically
To my local pharmacy for antibiotics and am now feeling back to normal

I'm waiting appointment for scan on my kidneys which I think is next month.

Hopefully it's nothing to do with kidneys and all will be fine.

I will let you know when I get the results .

Ann

Shadyglade

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 11:20:33 PM »

Good news Smokey.