Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena and Estradot??? What else ???  (Read 1094 times)

helenmelon

Mirena and Estradot??? What else ???
« on: January 02, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »

I hope someone has some suggestions as I'm confused 🤷‍♀️

First had Evorel Sequi 50, but reacted badly to the progesterone phase, swollen, painful breasts, leg pains, feeling generally off. Although the 2 weeks of estrogen felt really good.

Was convinced into having Mirena, which to be honest was not keen due to having it years ago for a short time before having it removed.

Had it since May, had initial spotting, nothing major and nothing since. But old meno symptoms started to come back after about 3 months so changed patches to Estradot 75, they seemed to strong (very tender breasts and bloated) so went back to original Evorel 50 took for a month or so but felt as if I wasn't taking estrogen at all, now back on 75, but the last 3
Weeks feel crap again, hot and sweaty, anxiety creeping back and just not good anymore. I have also noticed my hair is thinning around the front (always had a widows peak which has completely disappeared over the last 6 months) and I feel sexless if that's a thing!!

So, is it the Mirena?? Or the Estrogen??? Or both ???

I know it's not a cure all but I initially felt great on the patches, apart from the 2 progesterone weeks and now I don't ?? I've booked in with GP but appointment not for 3 weeks.

Any thoughts??

Thanks all and a happy new year to you all

allie007

Re: Mirena and Estradot??? What else ???
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »

Hi helonmelon

Im using mirena and estradot 100, increasing from 50, then 75. I don't feel great and am suffering from painful bloating.
I had hair loss in the front when I started HRT and this carried on for months so I'm wondering wether it was a side effect of the sudden hit of estrogen?  Ive had a Mirena coil for over 5 years now with no side effects so dont think its that.

helenmelon

Re: Mirena and Estradot??? What else ???
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:36:56 PM »

Thanks allie007,

Sounds like we are in the same boat !! It's a total mystery and a misery!!

My other concern is that my strings can never be found, the doctor had to fish them down with some sort of hook at my last appointment. Really worried me that they'd gone missing!! And I get the odd electric shock feeling below the bellybutton area, most weird !

I'm coming back as a man next time !!