Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Lysine Shingles & HRT  (Read 1604 times)

anncjones

Lysine Shingles & HRT
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »

Hi
I have my first ever bout of Shingles. 
I have heard that Lysine supplements are good to take to help with attacks and reduce the likelihood of further attacks. I currently take Starflower Oil capsules, Slow Release Vit B, Sage and Femoston combined HRT everyday  Does anyone know if it's ok to add Lysine to this mix
Thank you

Sooze

Re: Lysine Shingles & HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »

I used to suffer regularly with cold sores and lysine really does shorten the life of them. I was more likely to get an attack before my periods but since I've been post meno I've maybe had 5 or 6 attacks. (less than 1 per year).  I just took the lysine during an attack - haven't even though whether they are ok to take TBH.  I did try to take them regularly to try and reduce the likelihood of an attach when I was stressed, but I got some indigestion with them so I ended up taking them at the first signs of a tingle.

I had shingles a few years ago - in my left thigh & buttock (I know bit of an odd one).  I was given anti viral tabs (I think acyclovir) which really did shorten the attack but gave me really bad headaches.  I didn't take lysine then, didn't think they helped with the Shingles virus, so I don't know how much they would help.  What I would say is if you're off work don't go back too soon.  I only took 2 weeks off, and I really regret not taking the 3rd week as I was no where fit enough.  I was a wreck  at the end of that first week back.
HTH
S

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 07:59:52 PM »

Oh poor you.   Shingles occurs when the body is stressed.  Both Mums suffered after they had falls: same age, same year, different places.  Within 3-4 weeks they had an attack.   Treatment given within 72 hours is really effective. 

One should rest. I think avoiding old people and children until the rash has gone?  Also, the tingling can last for sometimes years if people have a low immune system.

:foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »

How R U?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »

Did U improve any?

CLKD