Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Aches and pains  (Read 914 times)

scottishjune

Aches and pains
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »

Hi all. Having suffered with the most hideous menopausal symptoms for over a year, determined not to go down the HRT route, I finally have had to admit defeat and have spent the last 6 months trying to get my method of HRT delivery right. The patches virtually stopped the hot flushes and enabled me to sleep for the first time in a year but I couldn't get them to stick even with the addition of a sticky dressing on top. So a month ago I had the Mirena coil re-inserted to deliver the progesterone and use a satchet of 0.5ml oestrogen gel dail. My main problem now is that I ache all over and am not sure if it's muscular or skeletal or even related at all?  It's mainly my shoulders, neck, arms and back but also affects my hips and left foot! Anyone had similar issues and/or can offer any advice. Thanks

dahliagirl

Re: Aches and pains
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »

Yes - had all that!  It comes and goes still :(  What I do:

Vitamin D - at least 25ug/ 1000iu per day - it takes about 6 weeks to work - get plenty sun in the summer.

Magnesium citrate ( just a little - it gives you the runs- but your magnesium stores get used up when you start taking vit D)

omega 3 oils

Hot wheat bag round the neck.

ibuprofen.

Also, lots of relaxation, breathing and stretching and lengthening - pilates, yoga, etc.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:50:47 PM by dahliagirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »

Did you try micropore over the top of the patches?  Also send a message to the manufacturer?

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may Become lax = aches and pains.  As well as causing the body to become dry, inside and out.  Read our threads on vaginal atrophy too  :D

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 06:44:06 PM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/issue54/

Actually, I have just been perusing the latest magazine (a welcome break from the festivities) and there is a feature on joint problems.

Add drinking plenty water to the list above.  I keep forgetting that one but it is amazingly effective (and probably important)