Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal dryness - natural products  (Read 1547 times)

ricekrispie

Vaginal dryness - natural products
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:00:35 AM »

Hi

I'm now experiencing horrendous vaginal dryness and there's a little bit of atrophy setting in too.

Can anyone recommend a natural product I can use especially for the dryness.

Or, at best, what's the most popular product?

Many thanks
Kate

AgathaC

Re: Vaginal dryness - natural products
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »

There's lots of information on other threads, I think, so maybe do some searching.
Organic coconut oil seems to be a preferred natural option. I also know someone who has used ghee, although I've not seen that mentioned on here.
Cotton knickers. Unperfumed soaps and shower gels.
Hope you get some improvement xxx

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:23:17 PM »

For vaginal atrophy you need to start using a local oestrogen treatment as soon as possible, either Vagifem or Ovestin, available on prescription from your GP. It will only get worse otherwise. (Many women are using both systemic and local HRT.)

As to moisturisers, Yes do a range of products which are easiest to obtain online. In the meantime, organic coconut oil is quite good, as are emu oil or even olive oil. My favourite at the moment is Yes oil based.

AgathaC makes a good point about cotton knickers and unperfumed products. The other thing I would add is to take showers rather than baths, and try not to get water between the labia, as this washes away the 'good' bacteria. As the vaginal tissues age the vaginal environment becomes less acidic and this can result in an imbalance of the flora leading to bacterial vaginosis.

There are loads of threads on here about VA, so have a good browse round to get clued up.

Best wishes,
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry, inside and out  >:(.  Appropriate localised HRT will ease symptoms.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »

You need to use a topical estrogen, either Vagifem or Ovestin, I wouldn't waste time trying to deal with VA with natural products alone,  it will get a lot worse and harder to deal with the longer you leave it.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:42:50 AM »

Local Oestrogen would be your best ‘natural' treatment for atrophy and also use either SYLK (which has natural ingredients) or the YES products as moisturiser alongside. These will help keep things healthy and maintain a good vaginal flora to prevent infections.
Coconut oil is ok but will not maintain a good vaginal flora balance.
Don't leave things to get worse.

DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »

4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o