Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Grieving for my Little Dog  (Read 5678 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Grieving for my Little Dog
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 05:22:51 PM »

:bighug:

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »

Feel your pain Spangles, its not irrational to feel like that.  I have lost two dogs, we currently have 2 now and I had to replace them.  My house was so empty without a dog in it.  Firstly I had a bichon frise and he lived until 13 but we had to have him put to sleep he got addisons disease.  It was sad but I thought that it was a good age and I couldn't bear him being sick.  Then we go a pom/sheltie X from the pound she also lived to a great age but she got sick when she was 15.  We now have 2 - one is a bernese mountain/collie X age 7 and the other is a jack russel/chihuaha X age 4!!.  We got the Berner when the Pom/Sheltie was quite old and she treated him like her puppy despite him being 4 times her size - funny to see.  He was so lonely when she died so took him to the pound and "he chose a friend" - sounds mad but that is what happened  I didnt see how we could choose when it was him who had to live with another dog in his house!  He chose Ronnie (there were plenty we liked and he didnt!).  You are right about personalities Annika - the two of them together is a mates relationship - not mother/son type like with the pom/sheltie.

I've cried more for my lost "puppies" than some of the "humans" I have lost - they are with you 24/7 and we tend to treat them like children (well I did!/do!).  Doggies do leave a big hole but maybe you will be able to fill it with another "big personality" some time in the future.  There are many out there who need loving homes?  It doesn't mean you love the ones you lost any less just that you have someone to spoil with more love  :wub:

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 08:45:26 PM »

Pets leave footprints on our hearts  ;)

EnglishRose

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »

Oh I can so relate. They ARE part of your family and each one has their own personalities.... but try and focus on the positives.

They dont fear death nor morn it as we do. I envy that lack of awareness about dying. Dogs live in the moment and just make the most of life regardless of what they have health wise. I once had a dog whose back legs went then he went blind but he still walked with us. (His legs recovered)

Your baby lived a long and happy life and you can never replace him but you will have lots of photos and memories.

We had to put him to sleep aged 11 which is not old bc he was blind and mostly deaf in the end and he was just not happy and afraid. I cried like ive never cried in my life in the vets room but we stayed with him till the end kissing and talking close to his ear so he could smell us. He was totally unaware as he fell asleep in the valium they gave him.

We had him cremated and scattered his ashes on his favourite beach.

We have a photo of Harvey framed on our wall and we have his dog collar hanging over the corner of the frame xxx

Time will heal but never forget x
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:19:35 PM by EnglishRose »

Aby123

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 04:33:34 AM »

Oh Spangles, Im so very sorry.  I know so well what youre feeling and how it hurts. 
Sending you much love, and one day the painful memories will be replaced by mtemories of all the happy times you shared together xxxx

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »

Oh spangles I'm so so sorry
Your little dog must've had such a great life though,that's a great age.
I lost my little King Charles 4 years ago and I thought I'd never stop crying,even now when I look at photos of her I'm away again.
Decided I'd NEVER go there again but 3 years later I missed having a little dog sitting on my lap and got two little mixes .
You'll get there,you know you will,grieving is good,it's how the body copes.
Sending hugs ❤️ Xx

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »

How R U feeling  :bighug:

Spangles

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 06:13:27 AM »

I'm better than I was that's CLKD.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 11:10:56 AM »

:foryou:

Krystal

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »

Sending my Love to everyone who feels the pain of a beloved pet who has passed away. Our cat aged 16 passed away three years ago and we still feel upset. As someone on this thread has already said the pain you feel is more than when a relative or close friend dies. We had the cat basket in the kitchen for two years before moving it to a bedroom where it still waits. Some would say crazy cat people, yet how many people keep things which belonged to a family member? Same thing as far as I am concerned. We all grieve in different ways. Talking and writing about our deceased companions good for us. What is achieved by being miserable, replace a sad memory with a happy one and smile. :) :) :)   xxxxxxx
Pages: 1 [2]