Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pain with Evorel Conti  (Read 2230 times)

Moomoo

Pain with Evorel Conti
« on: December 20, 2018, 10:02:58 PM »

Hello
I wonder if anyone could advise me please, is it ok to just stop Evorel Sequi?
I was originally on Femsevern, only for a few months before it wasn't available anymore. I was prescribed Evorel Sequi patches, and have been on them for three months.
I did manage to get to see a doctor two weeks ago as I had issues with them, I was told to continue and go back to see the doc at the end of Jan, but honestly, I really cannot take the pain I get from the Evorel Conti, the same thing has happened again, second week of the Conti and I'm in pain, I have throbbing pain, deep in my glutes and then my pelvis, this gets so bad that I can't sit down. I first thought I'd maybe pulled something while working out, but as soon as I started to bleed the pain gradually went away. I was hoping it was a one off, but it's happened again, and for a whole week I've been in pain, finally started bleeding today and although I still have some of the symptoms, they are not as severe.
I did say to the doctor, that I don't want hrt, if this is what's in store for me every month, I bled for a whole week last time.
I don't want this again in three weeks time and as I can't get in to see a doctor until after Christmas, is it ok to just stop the patches completely? Many thanks.

Hurdity

Re: Pain with Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »

Hi there

Your post seems to have got missed - many of us haven't been around over this pre-festive very busy time!

I'm not clear from your post whether you are on Evorel sequi or Evorel conti?

If you are on sequi then you have two weeks of oestrogen only then two weeks of oestrogen + progestogen (the conti patches) which are designed to give a bleed.

Yes you can just stop although you may well get a resurgence of the symptoms that led you to  ake HRT in the first place ie flushes and sweats I presume?

I'm not sure what the cause of your pain is - did you used to have painful periods each month? Maybe you have unidentified problems like fibroids or even endometriosis maybe?

There are other options - you can take oestrogen only patches and then take a tablet progestogen Provera - for half the month, or progesterone (Utrogestan) which can also be taken vaginally (off-licence) or you could have a Mirena fitted.

Let us know if you need any more advice and hope you are comfortable over Christmas!

Hurdity x

Moomoo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for your reply. I got an appointment with a doctor on Monday, unfortunately I had the pain all over Christmas.
The doctor suggested I come off HRT, to see if that is the cause of the pain, I was on Sequi - two weeks oestrogen, and then two weeks combined Conti.
I never had any bad pmt, until my first period after 9 months of not having one. These symptoms though have been so painful, I couldn't sit down.
I'll just have to wait and see now, but I would much rather have the menopausal symptoms back than what I've been having.

Thanks again for your reply

Moomoo x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »

Sorry to hear you had the pain over Christmas and sounds like a good idea to stop the HRT for the moment.  However as it is not usual for it to be so painful I hope your doc might consider referring you to check whether you may have fibroids or something else causing the pain - especially if your menopausal symptoms become severe so that you feel HRT would help. Let us know how things progress and I hope you continue to feel more comfortable.

Hurdity x