Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Just needed to have a rant about doctors  (Read 848 times)

Pmj 28

Just needed to have a rant about doctors
« on: December 29, 2018, 08:36:03 AM »

Hi ladies not been having a good time since may been on here a told you all about it, and because of that I sore a private doctor on the 11th of Dec who was very nice and listened to what I was saying she said to hp my HRT was on elleste duet 1mg
She said she send a letter to my doctors to up my HRT too 2mg of elleste duet
So rang my doctors a few days later to see if it had come through they said not rang a few more times they said nothing had come through so on the 27th Dec rang to if they would up my HRT rang yesterday to see if the doctor had look and was told that i was already on the higher does I said I was not then to be told that my hrt was ready to pick on the 19th Dec but nobody let me know .
Sorry for the rant
Take care
Paula

Roseneath

Re: Just needed to have a rant about doctors
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 09:09:31 AM »

Private doctors. Hmmmmm. I once had a mole that looked a bit crusty so decided to go private to get it removed.  The consultant remove it within two weeks but then it too 6 months for him to get back to me on whether it was OK or not. Six months! I made call after call and was told ' the letter would be in the post'.  Eventually I got a two line letter that said ' Just a little normal mole ' and then ' Hope you enjoy your holiday' - which was 5 months previous!  The stress inbetween and no I didn't enjoy my holiday because I was stressing about the mole he had sliced. I will be doing minor surgery myself from now on.

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »

Hi Roseneath , my private doctor had sent a letter to my doctors it was them who did not tell me that I could pick up my tablets
Glad all ok with you we have enough to deal with with out having to put up with anything else.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »

Pmj 28 - have a word with the Practice Manager with a covering letter stating what you have told us.  There is absolutely no need for this type of crap from Surgeries to Patients!