Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Furious over prescription charge!  (Read 1535 times)

Sunnydays

Furious over prescription charge!
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »

I'm still spluttering with annoyance so excuse  any spitting! Trialling Evorel Sequi. GP prescribed 2 packs for which I paid £8.80 fee to local pharmacy . Just picked up second lot of 2 packs from Boots and they charged me double ie 2 lots of £8.80 saying that each box of 8 patches contains 2 different lots of ingredients  (which of course it does but it comes in one box). On ‘discussing ‘ this charge they said the other pharmacy had got it wrong! So what about something like Femaston which has different tablets in it - progesterone AND oestrogen. Is that a double charge??
Still £&)&@& annoyed!

SEU666

Re: Furious over prescription charge!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:11:40 PM »

That sounds crazy!
I've a yearly pre paid prescription card so I can get any number if prescriptions and not pay. Was recommended this method by pharmacy to save me money, as I have asthma so have an inhaler and nasal spray each month.

I thought you paid for each prescription and would have thought the script was for two boxes you get two boxes for the script charge.
Paying again for a different medication if a second one in on the script.

Maybe I have it wrong, trying to remember what used to happen before. Think I used to pay for blue and brown inhalers...so two charges but they are two different medications!

Highly recommend a prepay if you have more than one prescription a month...saves you a fortune!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

Yes, it's two prescription charges if the patch/pill has both estrogen and progesterone.
I have a prepayment and pay around the £10 figure each month and that covers all my prescriptions, saves me a fortune as I use three different HRT products.

Jube

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »

Yes that's right
I pay double prescription charge for elleste duet  - it's outrageous!

Conolly

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »

Hello ladies,

That's unbelievable. Does it mean one is double charged for having a womb and needing a progestogen?
Now I have double reasons for hating the thing (prog).

Conolly X

Sunnydays

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:30 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I'm completely pro the NHS and I know prescription costs are constantly increasing it's just the unfairness if it. I've just looked at the box. It comes as a sealed cardboard box Boots have opened it (presume to check the contents)  but this is my point , inside the box is a completely sealed clear wrapper with the 8 patches inside (half oestrogen only and half containing both). It is one item! How can they charge for 2 separate items!