Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1088 times)

Debra66

HRT
« on: December 28, 2018, 01:09:34 PM »

Hello, I have just joined this group. I started 6 days ago taking Utrogestan 100 & 1 pump of Estrogel continuous use. I am feeling so low, crying alot & zero enthusiasm - I am unfamiliar with everything I am feeling; no confidence, anxiety, ridiculously tearful every day etc etc 😪.Does anyone have any advice please? By the way I am post-menopause I think; no period in 18 months. Thank you x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »

Hi Debra66
Yeah you are considered post meno when you haven't had a period for 12 months.
You're hrt is early days yet, and you've got to give it time to work, as for your anxiety, I take an antihistamine every now and again, it really helps me, that's because I refuse to take antidepressants because of a couple of bad experiences with them, but you could give them a try if your doc says it's ok.
All your symptoms are typical of meno, you should try and stick to the hrt for about 3/6months, to see if it suites you, if not, try another one.
Are you taking the Utrogestan orally,? I only ask, because some ladies can't tolarate it that way, so they use it vaginally, less side effects.
Keep posting, have a rant, or just need support, someone's always on to offer some help.
You will start to feel better, you just have to keep slogging on.
Good luck,
Xx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:45:08 PM by jillydoll »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Browse round. Make notes. 

Debra66

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »

Thank you for your advice.
It's crazy i had no perimenopause symptoms apart from odd hot flush, and now all this. Yes I am taking Utrogestan orally so fingers crossed I don't get side effects, still early days. jillydoll what antihistamine do you take & are there side effects? Thanks 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »

Hi Debra66
I take Benadryl Acrivastine, you can take up to 3 of those per day.
I don't. I only need 1, at night about 1/2hour before bed. I don't even take them everyday, maybe now, only about 1 per week. But that's because the hrt is working too.
They help me sleep, and knock my anxiety into touch, they work well for me.
The only side effects I have are, a dry nose, and sometimes feel a little tired the next day.
It does wear off though.
I refuse to take serious medication for my anxiety, (antidepressants) because of bad
side effects I had years ago. So now I've found these , I'm happy with them and like I say, they work for me.
Try em, they might work for you too.
Good luck
Xx

Debra66

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

Hi jillydoll,
Thanks, I shall give them a try as it may well be a while before the HRT kicks in. I need something to help me deal with low mood, stress etc but not anti depressants.

Thanks xx