Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thrombophlebitis/Sandrena  (Read 877 times)

DEG

Thrombophlebitis/Sandrena
« on: December 24, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »

Hi. Happy Christmas!

I'm after some advice please. I have just been changed from EstroGel to Sandrena after bloods came back very low. Was using EstroGel for 2 years (1pump am and 1 pump pm). Dosage changed to 1.5mg Sandrena all in the am.

I used to rub my EstroGel on my left inner thigh because I've had thrombophlebitis in my right inner thigh 15 years ago. I still get a muscular pain there. MRI scan and ulta sound have shown nothing. But I'm nervous to run the gel into that thigh. Sandrena says it has to be alternate thighs. So now I'm worried. Have only been on it since Thursday but panicking that my left thigh will be taking too much dosage ??
Can anyone advise.

Consultant now off till jan. Considering going back on my EstroGel until she's back.

Joaniepat

Re: Thrombophlebitis/Sandrena
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 01:40:04 PM »

DEG, the instructions I was given for Sandrena was to rub on outer thigh. I had to use 2 x 1mg sachets, so did one on inner thigh and one on outer, alternating sides each day. Sounds as though you will have to find some sort of compromise if you cannot ring the changes, I doubt it will matter too much.

I was switched to Sandrena because of absorption problems with Oestrogel. My serum estradiol level did go up a bit but not enough, so I am now on Estradot patches. Only started them this month and not due another blood test until April, so it remains to be seen whether these will work.

Best wishes, JP x

DEG

Re: Thrombophlebitis/Sandrena
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »

Thank you JP

Same after two years on estrogel me levels were still only 77 and I was feeling exhausted all the time.

I'm felling a lot of anxiety today and right chested. Not sure if my own mind had brought it on though  :o

X