Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Updated: advice appeciated. Evorel Sequi and life generally  (Read 1000 times)

pricey

Updated: advice appeciated. Evorel Sequi and life generally
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:31:08 AM »

Hi ladies,

So I have used the patches a month.  (Swapped from Femoston 1/10 and prior to that Femoston Conti; prior to that Elleste Duet - over a 3 year period). I will be 54 in January. Elleste Duet controlled my symptoms and gave me regular bleeds but the headaches were horrendous. Femoston made me feel good but I bled almost constantly. So my first bleed on these patches arrived mid month and now, having just started oestrogen again, I have very sore breasts and actually feel like I am ovulating. I have seemingly gained 5lbs in the last 4 weeks even though my diet is the same and i am very active.  I have tried enough HRT to know I need to give it a trial of at least three months but right now I feel like stopping everything.  I have been working until yesterday (a support worker) love my job but it is hard work and unsociable hours. On top of that I seem to have had stress everywhichway from adult children. If I stop to think too much I actually feel really down. Thank heavens for yoga. I am not feeling remotely festive.  I just feel bleurgh. Any advice, insights, wisdom much welcome. :-\
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 08:49:30 AM by pricey »

pricey

Re: Evorel Sequi and life generally
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »

Thanks so much, Stellajane. It's a comfort to have someone listen and say it's ok. Such pressure on being all things to everyone even when we know logically we can't.
X

pricey

Re: Evorel Sequi and life generally
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »

Felt so rotten last night physically and emotionally, considering going cold turkey (pardon the pun) with the HRT. Just scared how this may impact on me, especially with work. Any advice ladies?

:-\ :'( ??? X

pricey

Re: Updated: advice appeciated. Evorel Sequi and life generally
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »

I am wondering if i should go back to Elleste Duet 1mg (lower dose than these patches) and possibly wean myself off HRT. I had two pretty good years on the Elleste apart from the headaches in the last two weeks of a cycle, hence my GP switched me to Femoston.  The conti gave me erratic bleeding for 6 months; the 1/10 suited me well but I bled twice a month.  The plan was to try femseven patches but there is this ongoing supply problem.  I feel like I maybe should never have changed from the Elleste 1mg. My feelings are the patch is too much oestrogen for me. I feel bloated, heavy, sluggish.  This has been instant and has lasted 5 weeks. My breasts are sore.  I feel low in mood. No other changes in my lifestyle to account for this and the 1lb a week weight gain. In short, I feel lousy 

Xxx