Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I got some answers today  (Read 1671 times)

Tc

I got some answers today
« on: December 21, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »

Hiya ladies. Further to my post a couple of weeks ago when I was very very low I thought I'd share my experience as I feel i got some answers today
I saw the gynae/onc today. I was so glad I'd armed myself with as much info as I could thanks to you lovely ladies :)
Blood tests showed my easrmtrogen was pretty low. Doc thinks the femseven 2 weeks of Progesterone are indeed causing me to have these terrible lows. She said the fact I haven't bled is because I'm not getting enough E.
She examined me and said I do have VA particularly on the outside area I am shocked it's happened so quickly as my op was only 4 months ago..
She has arranged a scan to check for any post op problems.
She has changed me to the oestrogen gel so I can up the dose if needed and utrogestan pill. Which i think She said to take every day. I haven't got the scrip yet as got to wait for my doc to do it .
I have been given estriol cream. I wanted ovestin as I think it's stronger but they do not prescribe it. In this clinic  I  Think imaybe t's because it's gynae oncology.
She will see me in 8 weeks and if the scans are clear and no improvement on the new regimen then she will refer to urologist and consider adding testosterone as the level is 1.1 atm which is not that low.
Interestingly she has referred me for supervised pelvic physio.
All in all I think she has been pretty thorough I was in there for a good half hour.
The only thing I'm not that happy with is that she said once the systemic eadtrogen is high enough I will not need topical E for the VA and I know from the many experiences shared on here that this is not always the case. Also I think estriol cream might be too weak.
Anyone know how long estriol takes to work? She said put some on the outside as the inside isn't actually that dry. Don't quite understand how that's happened.but I don't want it to get any worse as I already feel the inner labial bits are shrinking. I hope it's reversible as I find that realy upsetting but I couldn't realy go into that with her as my mum was there :-X
Also, she printed of my blood results and once home I noticed that the recent urine test I had has come back "probability of infection.". When I called gp surgery they said it was clear!!
Best wishes to you all.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I got some answers today
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »

Glad you feel supported.

I use either KY Jelly or Savlon in the outer areas B4 they get dry  ;).  HRT often is not enough ladies do need locally applied VA treatment.  Me, I have that without general HRT.

Keep an eye on what works so that you have something to report back and if necessary, ask for a 'trial' of VA treatment if she suggests that you stop it ;-).

Tnx for the update.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

Hi clkd. I'm just confused over the difference between ovestin and estriol 0.01. It would appear ovestin is stronger. Tbh I'm panicking that the worse it gets the harder it will be to treat or reverse.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

If you have any treatment it will help.  The trick 4 me is to use B4 symptoms get uncomfortable.  So if the outer labia itch, then out comes what ever I have to hand ........ and I try to keep up with the Ovestin internally.  Also, if symptoms niggle I take Nuforen for a day which helps me. 

Maybe put the names into the search box to see if there is a difference, or contact a Pharmacist close to you - they have private rooms or you could phone up.

Tc

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »

Thanks. I will use it without fail. The dryness is one thing but the idea of everything shrinking is freaking me out. I expect it might happen gradually with the ageing process but I'm only 53 and I can't believe it's started happening already after 4 months!! I'm hoping it's just cos things need pumping up and the cream
Might help. I feel reassured about trying the new systemic regime but I'm imagining my lady bits withering as I speak.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »

The idea is to plump up the vaginal tissues so that there is less dryness and itchiness.  It takes a few weeks. 

Tc

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

I hope so. Thank you. Birdy, did the physio help?