Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Totally confused by oestrogel  (Read 946 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Totally confused by oestrogel
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »

Hi there,

Sometimes I just don't think I'm getting anywhere & I'm going though that patch right now & wonder if anyone can offer any insights that might help me to understand whether I need to increase or decrease my oestrogel dose.

I'm on 5 pumps. According to bloods test, I have absorption issues & need to be on more. According to a 24 hour urine test I'm on too much & need to be on less.

All I know if this, I feel absolutely great from day 15 of my cycle right through to starting utrogestan for 7 days & fine up until the evening of day 5 of my cycle. Although I say I feel ‘great', I do feel like I've had a double espresso but that could be a result of how my Levothyroxine is interacting with my Hormone status at this time of the month (I have Hashimoto's).

Anyway, I feel like I can do anything at this time of the month, super optimistic, full of mental & physical energy.

From evening of day 5 of cycle my head starts to feel like it's made of cotton wool, I start frowning shortly after applying the oestrogel (but again, this is complicated by the fact I take my Levothyroxine at the same time as the gel), have extreme fatigue, nausea & headache & just look & feel awful! This lasts until around day 15.

I just wonder if anyone has any insights into why I go from superwoman to Nora batty (on a very bad day) on a continual basis! I really wish I could understand what is going on as it's starting to impact on my career, life, relationships etc in a scary way!

Any ideas anyone??

Blue Kingfisher

Re: Totally confused by oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:43:11 PM »

Funnily enough Birdy I tried taking my Levo a couple of hours after applying the gel this morning. I felt better until I'd taken the Levo. I only have this problem at this time of the month & it's when oestrogen is supposed to be rising to its highest level I believe.

I wonder if the oestrogen is blocking utilisation of Levo (converting to the T3 hormone) at this time of the month.....I think tomorrow I will try taking the Levo BEFORE I apply the oestrogel (perhaps leave application of oestrogel 3-4 hours after taking Levo) & see if I crash after Levo on its own.

So good thinking!