Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adrenals & menopause  (Read 6628 times)

Conolly

Re: Adrenals & menopause
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »

Hello DD,

Will have a look, thank you.
 :-*
Conolly X

Night_Owl

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »

There is always so much emphasis on loss of hormone profile and replacement of estrogen/progesterone/testosterone - however surely adrenal and thyroid function/health also plays a huge part during/after menopause - also blood sugar fluctuations.  It's all so complex, not just about replacing estrogen.

http://doctorkatend.com/have-you-been-waking-in-the-middle-of-the-night-since-menopause/

Ladybt28

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 02:10:08 PM »

Totally agree Night_Owl - its one of my bugs about the NHS.  If they actually did proper testing and treated people as individuals I think they could save millions because of wrong diagnosis and prescribing wrong meds and sending us all to consultants to review conditions we DONT have!  I think a more holistic approach would be better too - its no good a rheumatologist saying "its fibromylgia when its lax muscles due to meno or.... saying its not fibro, or arthritis but I don't know what it is" and then nothing else happens you are back to your GP because each one sticks to their speciality and there is no one in the middle with a broad spectrum knowledge.  I know it should be your GP but I find they seem to know less as the years go by not more either that or they just cant be bothered.

Droppydrawers - I wish he was my GP I loved his program, he wasnt afraid to takle all the chronic tiredness and weird symptoms that go on for years, mess up peoples lives but no medical professional can seem to get a handle on!

Articles interesting Night_Owl - problem is sometimes I am not going to sleep until 3-2 in the morning - my sleep patterns are all over the place!

Pages: 1 2 [3]