Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ovarian cancer!!  (Read 6826 times)

clio

Ovarian cancer!!
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:44:12 PM »

Ladies, has anyone had experience with ovarian cancer. I've had a change in bowel habits since summer but after seeing 2 docs they didn't seem too concerned but now I've got backache, something definitely going on!

Clio

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovarian cancer!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »

Maybe have a look-see at the Ovacome web-site, dedicated to support.  Have your GPs suggested blood tests?  I have low back pain which is due to coughing but occasionally I wonder  :-\  ::)

The web-site can give advice, an idea of symptoms to look out for.  Let us know!

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:53 PM »

Urine test!!

I had bowel changes for months.  Then backache.  By the time I saw the doc I had a full blown kidney infection.

As I said on another thread, it is possible to have a low level UTI tick away without the usual symptom.  I could kick myself afterwards as at one point I went to chemist to get something for my re current runny tum.  She she said that it is often a symptom of infection and to see the doctor.

I left it too late and suffered the consequences.

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »

Have just read some of your old posts. Your discription of your poo, plus bloating, does seem more like a gluten problem. Either way you need a proper diagnosis.

Did you say you have a doctors appointment??

clio

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 05:52:55 AM »

Thankyou for the replies and also sorry posing on wrong bit should of been on other health!!

I started with very loose poo in July left it a few months then went to see gp, she wasn't concerned and said it was most likely something I'm eating!
However I had a blood test I think but not sure kidney function all was ok. Saw another gp a few weeks ago with something else and told her something is definitely not right so she did a full blood count! Came back ok. My thinking was bowel cancer as dad has just died from it and mum had it a few years ago but after op is now ok. So 2 to later and ok blood tests I excepted what they said. Now I've developed back ache started around 5 days ago. My concerns are now back as my aunt died of ovarian cancer many years ago and strangely enough my mum and I was talking about her only a few weeks ago and she mentioned that my aunt complain of backache and not long after was told she had ovarian cancer which is a symptom!!  There is no doubt there is something going on and that on top of other crap (sorry) I'm having to deal with at the moment I'm feeling not so great.

I'm having to try and reschedule a apt I have today which was for something else to a later time or Change it to a telephone consultation as I can't get there for that time.

Kidney infection!!!!! I'm sure one of the blood tests was for kidney or was that my mum who had that blood test!!! Since dad died I take mum who's 85 to all her APTS so I get mixed up who's having what done.  I'm hoping to see gp today or if not tomorrow. I think I have a sixth sense, I think that's what you call it as just before we found out about dad I had a emergency thought in my had that I had to arrange my dad and daughter day, we sent to the falconery centre to fly some birds of prey, I wanted a day dedicated to just me and dad then we went for a meal after it was the best day ever. That was end of August 2017 , he died in December!!!! How strange was that I just knew!!! I now have the same strange feeling about me and the need to give up work and do things I enjoy as time is running out. It's very odd but very strange.

So I will post back after I've seen gp and will mention the infection and ask her for a ultra sound on tummy to look at my ovaries I think. O'dear I'm so glum and worried.

Clio x

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »

Thankyou for the replies and also sorry posing on wrong bit should of been on other health!!

I started with very loose poo in July left it a few months then went to see gp, she wasn't concerned and said it was most likely something I'm eating!
However I had a blood test I think but not sure kidney function all was ok. Saw another gp a few weeks ago with something else and told her something is definitely not right so she did a full blood count! Came back ok. My thinking was bowel cancer as dad has just died from it and mum had it a few years ago but after op is now ok. So 2 to later and ok blood tests I excepted what they said. Now I've developed back ache started around 5 days ago. My concerns are now back as my aunt died of ovarian cancer many years ago and strangely enough my mum and I was talking about her only a few weeks ago and she mentioned that my aunt complain of backache and not long after was told she had ovarian cancer which is a symptom!!  There is no doubt there is something going on and that on top of other crap (sorry) I'm having to deal with at the moment I'm feeling not so great.

I'm having to try and reschedule a apt I have today which was for something else to a later time or Change it to a telephone consultation as I can't get there for that time.

Kidney infection!!!!! I'm sure one of the blood tests was for kidney or was that my mum who had that blood test!!! Since dad died I take mum who's 85 to all her APTS so I get mixed up who's having what done.  I'm hoping to see gp today or if not tomorrow. I think I have a sixth sense, I think that's what you call it as just before we found out about dad I had a emergency thought in my had that I had to arrange my dad and daughter day, we sent to the falconery centre to fly some birds of prey, I wanted a day dedicated to just me and dad then we went for a meal after it was the best day ever. That was end of August 2017 , he died in December!!!! How strange was that I just knew!!! I now have the same strange feeling about me and the need to give up work and do things I enjoy as time is running out. It's very odd but very strange.

So I will post back after I've seen gp and will mention the infection and ask her for a ultra sound on tummy to look at my ovaries I think. O'dear I'm so glum and worried.

Clio x
Hi Clio. I can't add to advice already given  but good  luck with your GP appt. There might be a more simple cause.

clio

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »

Update.........saw my GP yesterday and mentioned the kidney infection and ovarian cancer and my concern that these symptoms are not normal for me my body is saying there is something wrong!!! She was so nice and examined my tummy sand back passage.......now that's an experience in itself omg!! Everything fine, however I'm back today to have blood tests for I think it's call ca125 something to do with ovaries but doesn't always detect cancer and also she referring me for ultrasound, my mum had this done when they discovered bowel cancer and went on for further investigation so I'm hoping if there is something going on they will notice with this. I've always said your life could be normal one day but turned upside down the next. Of course I would like a few more years doing what I enjoy at 51 I'm not very old but if it's my time then so be it, after years of low mood caused by all that's bad in the world and in my life at least I won't be tortured anymore. I will update when I have some news.

Clio

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »

Hope all goes well Clio,if you are anxious about all this,that in itself can cause loose poo.
I rarely have a normal bowel movement,had a colonoscopy 2 years ago and it showed diverticular disease,which,apparently is quite common as you age,this also can cause back ache and nausea.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,let us all know how you get on

JaneinPen

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 09:18:23 AM »

Been reading your thread Clio and wish you well.  Keep us updated

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »

There are lots of reasons. Could be cysts even.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:39 PM »

Could be ouwt or nowt.  Let us know.  Your GP has you on the correct path to diagnosis.

clio

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:39 PM »

Thankyou ladies, just got back from seeing the nurse should have results on Friday. I always think the worst but what I do know is something is definitely not right and needs investigating. Doubt I will get the ultra sound till new year, if blood test does come back abnormal I will sack the house work and everything else and just do stuff I enjoy.

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »

What did the Nurse suggest?

clio

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 04:05:01 PM »

Clkd.......nurse just took blood didn't discuss anything.

Clio

Conolly

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »

Hello clio,

You have posted somewhere that you have been a vegetarian for some time and then resumed eating meat. Could that be the reason for the bowel changes?
Hope you can find some answers soon.

Conolly X
Pages: [1] 2