Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti and anxiety  (Read 1996 times)

RuthieG1

Evorel conti and anxiety
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:08:28 PM »

Hi I've recently changed to evorel conti patches from femoston conti tablets. My doctor doesn't think I was absorbing the tablets and I had IBS symptoms . I feel better in many ways including having more energy however I am feeling quite anxious and panicky. Should I persevere ? I've been using them for 2 1/2 weeks or should I reduce to 1/2 patch? Any advice welcome . Thank you

NorthArm

Re: Evorel conti and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »

Hi Ruthie and welcome!

I can't give you much advice on this, other than it might be the different progesterone in the patch?

Also, you've only been on them a short while and the recommendation is to give any hrt a good three months to see if things settle.

Have you thought of keeping a diary, so you can compare notes with how you're feeling now, with how you feel over time?

RuthieG1

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:40:56 PM »

Thank you . I hadn't thought of that - I'll give things a little longer. I also have high blood pressure which seems better on the patches which is another plus !  :)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:58:46 PM »

If you can cope with a bleed it might be an idea to go on a sequi regime first. Some people don't get on with the prog in everal conti. On a sequi regime you're on the conti patches for 2 weeks per cycle so you can see if you feel worse during that time. For me anxiety was a meno symptom and I had to have a higher dose of oestrogen to stop it. What strength are you on? Was anxiety one of your meno symptoms pre HRT?

RuthieG1

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »

Thank you for your reply 😊. I'm on Evorel Conti 50 micro grams -I was on femoston conti 1mg / 5mg . Anxiety was a main symptom before starting HRT, which initially went on the femoston but came creeping back before I started evorel. It feels different this time - sort of detached ? I do have much more energy .  I'm bleeding now after starting the evorel but read that can happen? I'm 55 - I wonder how long , if at all, I should leave it before seeing the doctor . Originally I was going back in Feb.