Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 25594 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Christmas
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »

The thing is to ignore the behaviour.  Or buy a DAP diffuser which is supposed to help.  Don't go 'there there' as it reinforces from the Pack leader  ::)

Maybe put music on well ahead of mid-night and make sure that the dogs are off the floor.  Noise travels differently at ground level as well as dogs hearing being acute.

Ladybt28

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »

I think I might have a look at the thunder jackets and read any reviews - I have also read somewhere that you use natural sedatives on dogs too but something has to be done because regardless of the effect on her which must be horrendous I cant bear to watch  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »

You are going out ;-).

Could you borrow a crate and put somewhere quiet, covered over?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2018, 03:15:10 PM »

Those jackets are supposed to hold them tight, like a hug..so soothing and calming. Hope you can figure out something though. Not fun to see them suffer.

Ladybt28

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »

She loves to hide under a quilt all the time, she loves confined spaces (she came from the pound something to do with when she was a puppy, but generally a happy well adjusted soul) - she has her own quilt!!? ???  My son will be watching her all the time.  He will take her quilt into his room which is at the back of the house and shut the door.  He is a gamer anyway so he sits in the dark like a mushroom!.... Jez - now you all know why I don't mention my family at all ::)  I have started telling people on here about them but when I read it back I remember why I pretend they don't exist - weird.. the lot of them.. just weird!!  Heavens to Betsey what on earth does it say about me?
New Years resolution - go back to not mentioning them!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »

Ladybt.
I think there's a lot of us who have ‘weird' families. As you put it. 😁
I know I don't come from a ‘normal' family.🤪🤪
Whatever that is.
There's always one or two who are just not like everyone else, and who stand out from others.
I've got family members just like that, and I think most families have.
It makes them more interesting to me anyhow.....xx

CLKD

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »

Most food freezes and add salt and pepper to it, the cardboard taste is hidden  :D.

Why would a 'flu jab make any difference to a cold?  It's a different virus  ::)

What's a 'normal' family - if anyone found out they would earn a Fortune   ;D

What was the question ?

Ladybt28

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2018, 05:31:41 PM »

Oh Stellajane that's a shame you were poorly over those two days - New Year will be better I hope.

Know what you are all saying about weird family members - yes..most families have one or two or even a handful but I have a funny sort of knawing feeling that our extended and blended family is definitely over it's quota!  In fact our ratio of "weird" to "normal".......weird takes the day!!  :stupid:  All I can say in its favour is that the weirdies have plenty of company ;D

CLKD

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »

;D ........ it takes one to recognise one then?

I left our weirdest behind today  ;)

BlueButterfly

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »

Oh Stellajane that's a shame you were poorly over those two days - New Year will be better I hope.

Know what you are all saying about weird family members - yes..most families have one or two or even a handful but I have a funny sort of knawing feeling that our extended and blended family is definitely over it's quota!  In fact our ratio of "weird" to "normal".......weird takes the day!!  :stupid:  All I can say in its favour is that the weirdies have plenty of company ;D

Haha...my extended family and all is just like that! Normal is the "weird" in our large group!   ;D I am not one of the few normal.  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »

All the World is strange
Some more strange than others
Except you and me and even you are a little bit strange  ;)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »

Hope you feel better soon StellaJane,
Flu is pants, and big pants at that......😷🤧

:bighug: (hope I don't catch it now....lol )

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »

Oh I remember 'flu.  [March 1988 - B4 I got my puppy that October] Woke not knowing where I was.  Not feeling hot but DH told me I was burning up.  Couldn't stand.  Couldn't stand light.  Ached all over, deep in the joints, but not all joints at once.  Took 3 days to even feel like getting out of bed.

Exactly 12 months to the day later I had it again  >:(.  Took 3 days to feel I could dare walking.  Sat on the patio in un-usually warm sunshine - the dog fell into the pond and I hardly knew how to haul her out  :o.  Again, joints ached.  Never had it since.

Have you found that 'colds' have altered over the years?  Fortunately now I don't have that nausea that heads a cold it starts now with an irritation deep in the throat, aching eyes, itchy ears  :(
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:07:57 AM by CLKD »

Ladybt28

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2018, 01:55:13 AM »

Well it's nice to know I am in "weird" company here - feel right at home ;)

Flu StellaJane - had it 3 times in my life! plus 1 bout of rheumatic fever. "Flu is definitely big pants"!  How are you managing - I remember only being able to crawl to the loo, I couldn't stand, nor could I read or watch TV.  It also takes ages to get over once the main symptoms have passed.  Take it real easy - you might think its gone but it hasn't completely!  Wishing you big hugs and hoping that you are on the road to recovery.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2018, 09:17:07 AM »

What people don't realise is , is that there is a massive difference between having a cold and having flu!
My brother states, every time someone in his family has a cold, ‘they've got flu' but there at work, or still going to school, or going out for the evening.💃🕺
I don't even say anything anymore , but I feel like saying, listen, they ent got flu, because if they had they wouldn't be doing this that or the other, they'd be in bed, ill, not wanting to do anything else except sleep! They'd be unable to do anything. 😴
A cold, on the other hand, you can still do stuff, as poorly as that makes you, you can still move around, and go to work ect..... with flu, you just can't do any of these things.🤒🤒
Having a temperature on its own, forbids that, let alone any of the other symptoms.
That's my experience of it anyway.......lol
Xx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:18:46 AM by jillydoll »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10