Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 25596 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Christmas
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »

Lovely post Lanzalover.

:xmas: :thankyou:

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2018, 07:22:06 AM »

Agree 'LL and shadyglade great post.
I had the most gentle loving mother and id cut my arm off to have just one more cuddle with her.
I'm having a good run up to the event lol managing to keep the pain levels down now purely by diet and lifestyle changes if I stray then I suffer the consequences so I'm staying on that path lol.reading a good book about the adrenals just now called adrenal fatigue by Dr Eric Berg really ticks a lot of my boxes and at just over £3 on Amazon kindle well worth it i do recommend.Im still off the hrt and doing great so I'm looking forward to my Xmas celebrations and wish all my dear lovely friends here the happiest of times you are all inspirational with your kind hearts and kind words of support freely and happily given so merry Xmas to all of you espec the bah humbugs you know you secretly love it 😂DD😘

Ladybt28

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »

My mum was a pain but my lovely dad is still alive he will be 92 in Jan.  He lives in his own flat, cooks and does everything for himself and he "goes to work" 2 whole days a week at a steam railway.  Not as an enthusiast or on the platform but in the workshop which counts as heavy engineering!!!  He is the glue that holds our "blended family" together because both my brother and I have been married before so there are step-children and step-grandchildren all of whom call him "grandad".  Everyone relies on him for advice and help and all sorts of things.

He's my friend and I worry everyday just lately because of his age that we are well into "borrowed time". Not that he is sick, he is disgustingly healthy - no meds of any kind at all! but no one lives forever right?  Its right to think and prepare that we will lose our older loved ones but I can't bear it because the devastation and loss it is going to cause to all of us when he dies is going to be beyond immense.  We had a  surprise birthday party for him when he was 90 - there were over 60 people there which is because all his life he has "collected people".  Everyone just loves him - it makes up for my mum.

We are ready in our house for Christmas but there are only 3 of us and we have bought tickets for the New Year's Eve do at the British Legion - so I'm going dancing!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2018, 01:22:42 PM »

Going to wear those high heels in prior to the 'do' then Ladybt28?  ;). Mum is 92 and not taking any medication other than paracetamol as necessary.  Maybe have a quiet look at care homes in his area to get an idea as to what is available, Mum rather dropped her decision onto us 12 months ago  :o - had told everyone else but not us: the 2 that would be doing all the arrangements etc.  ::)

ENJOY!

Ladybt28

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

Doesn't need a care home and probably not likely too either...to be honest stopping doing all the things he's doing is more likely to kill him... although you can never say - I'm more worried that he just dies in the night!

Wear them in?...I never gave them up and wear heels every day!.... I'm sorry to say I am rather vain...(I dont actually own a pair of trainers nor welly boots!! - my girls think it's hysterical!!)  I dye my hair and wear my heels and buy my clothes in River Island and New Look.  I'm lucky because I am tall 5' 8 and although heavier than I should be I can spread it over the height!!!  I'm not fat just a little squishy in places!!!  I don't go to the gym you see cos you need trainers for that!!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »

Oh I wasn't suggesting that your Dad moves unless he needs to.  It's being active that keeps the wrinklies going  ::) but if push came to shove you would at least have an idea of what is available, waiting lists etc..  As for high heels, I never was very safe, I even fall off slippers  :D.  I think that I'm 2" taller than in reality  ;D which is a shock when I see 'that woman' staring back from shop windows.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2018, 06:35:16 PM »

I lost my Dad just before my 40th.
He died on 3rd dec. and my birthday is on 24th.
Then my mom died the following February.

It's been 14 years now, and I still miss them everyday.
Don't know where all the years have gone!
Sometimes, it still feels like last week.

I still say happy Xmas to them, usually when I first wake up, Xmas morning, on my own, in my bedroom. (Just in case, OH hears me, and thinks I've totally gone mad) lol

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »

That's fine!  I blow kisses to my 3 cats under the earth in one corner of the garden .......

Ladybt28

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »

....."fall off of slippers"!   :drunklaf:

I often talk to my gran who died when I was 13 and as for "mothers" well I loved my second mother-in-law (does that count?)who died in November last year (first one wasn't bad either but she died as well when we were still married - doesnt sound like it's very safe to be round me does it by what I've written!!) - she was amazing and we got on like a house on fire - I really miss her!

Got some Stollen when I was out to go in the christmas goodie stash and am contemplating..just contemplating whether I can be bothered to put up the smallest christmas tree we have in our posession which is 3ft!!  (oh actually I do have a "pop-up" one that is 12 inches!! my motivation has to be abe to manage that....or does it?)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2018, 11:03:45 PM »

Yeah, go on Ladybt.
Even if it's just something to do. Lol
You can always kick it over if you fed up with it...🤪😂😂

littleminnie

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2018, 09:42:00 AM »

2 more sleeps 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »

Me too StellaJane.
Nose is like a tap......🚰
Early night for me I think.....🛏💤

Katejo

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2018, 07:41:20 PM »

I am suffering badly today. Woke up with a tension headache and usually Nurofen clears it. However by later I was aching all over and had a temperature. Isn't responding to painkillers. Fingers crossed 're tomorrow.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2018, 08:57:47 PM »

Sorry to hear your both feeling poorly.
Hopefully you'll feel better soon.
Thinking of you both,

Jd xx

Hurdity

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »

Wishing everyone a happy (bug free!) Christmas and a healthy and peaceful new year, wherever you are and whoever you are with!

Hurdity x  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10