Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Am I coming to the end of the road ?  (Read 6601 times)

Hurdity

Re: Am I coming to the end of the road ?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

Sorry to hear this rosie63 - remind us are you taking utrogestan orally or vaginally, continuously or cyclically and what dose oestrogen?

Hurdity x

Rosie63

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 09:00:26 AM »

Thanks Hurdity.  In the 6 months or so I've been using Estradot I've tried using it vaginally and orally both cyclically and continuously.  I changed to continually because I was getting quite a big dip when I finished it sequentially.  I've also tried adjusting my Estradot dosage between 50 and 75 but I don't seem to feel much different on the higher dosage so I'm thinking that maybe I'm not absorbing the patches as I should be.  I had blood tests about a year ago and my oestrogen was a bit low but not massively so.  Perhaps I should get it checked again.  I'm just not sure what could be going on to be honest, Hurdity.

Any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time of reply.

Rosie63 xx

Tc

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »

Rosie. I felt I wasnt absorbing eastrogel and when I had a blood test it showed I wasnt absorbing at all.
So maybe it's time for a blood test for you. Its been a year since your last one.
I know blood tests aren't the  whole picture but they can indicate absorption problems.

Rosie63

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »

Thanks Tc.  I think that's the thing to do.  I just think that something's amiss to be making me feel so awful.  We are going away with friends for a few days in a couple of weeks time and I'm dreading it at the moment because not sure I can muster up the energy or enthusiasm  :(

Rosie x

Tc

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »

Rosie
I know what it's like when you feel you should be looking forward to something but you just aren't
It's a couple of weeks away. A lot can happen so put it aside for the moment  and hopefully you will feel different when the time comes.xxx

Rosie63

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »

Yes, trying to stay positive Tc.  Thanks so much for your support.

xx

Rosie63

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 06:01:58 PM »

Hi ladies.  Just an update following my appointment with GP today.  He's sending me for more blood tests for B12, Vit D and Ferritin.  I'm also having an ECG as getting palpitations.  He admitted that his knowledge of menopause and HRT is limited, which I thought was fair enough, so I have a telephone call with a new lady GP on the 23rd.  Hopefully, test results will be back by then.  Depending on how the call goes, he thinks it would be a good idea for me to be referred to a menopause clinic which was what I wanted.  He also asked if I wanted an appointment with a NHS counsellor so he was definitely trying to help as much as he could.  I declined because although I feel quite low at the moment, I don't think I'm depressed.....it's because I feel so poorly all of the time that I get down in the dumps.

I'm still feeling pretty awful but I feel a bit more positive then last week....:-)

Rosie63 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »

Half a day at a time!   ;)  :hug:

Tc

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »

Thanks for the update. At least things are moving in the right direction now :bighug:

Rosie77

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »

Hi Rosie63,  I hear ya.  My dr recommended I speak to a therapist awhile back.  No thanks...I get so sick of listening myself complain about how lousy I feel. Then, to have to recite it again to a therapist...nope!   :bighug:

Rosie63

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:14 PM »

Hi again ladies.  I hope you don't mind but wanted to update again following my call with GP today.  We have a new lady doctor and she was very nice and very open to my suggestions.  My blood tests for B12, Vt D and ferritin were all fine so it would appear I'm not lacking anything there.  I explained how I'm feeling at the moment, very achy joints and muscles, tiredness and this funny feeling I'm getting in the chest, which is hard to put into words, and nausea.  I asked her if I could be referred to a meno clinic and she was agreeable to this.  However, she did mention fibromyalgia and the possibility of being referred to a rheumatologist. I hadn't ever thought of this and no nothing about it so not sure if this could be a possibility.  More confusion thrown into the pot !!

So, the current situation is that I'm going to carry on with current regime Femoston conti 1/5 and I'm going to try a low dose AD, Sertraline, and I have an appointment with her in 3 weeks time.  We will then decide on next steps.  Waiting list for meno clinic on NHS is about 5 months  :-\

Rosie63 x

Rosie77

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2019, 04:07:43 PM »

Thanks for the update!  I have been referred to a rheumatologist too... I go next month...only dr I haven't seen yet, so why not!   ;D
Best of luck with the AD...keep us posted!  :)

Rosie63

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2019, 04:11:02 PM »

;D.  I know what you mean Rosie.  Do you get a lot of joint pain too?

Rosie x

Rosie77

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2019, 04:46:32 PM »

Before going on HRT it was constant.  Fingers and knees especially.  I have Arthritis in my neck and back.  I have raynauds, so my Dr wants me to see a rheumatologist in case. Not too worried as I noticed the raynauds 2 years ago...all of a sudden my GP cares  :o I have vestibular migraine, so I figured it was because of that!  I am also on nortripyline, however, just cut my dose in half as my heart was racing and Blood pressure went low.  Was supposed to help migraines, yet created additional issues and does nothing for the migraines   ::)

Tc

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2019, 10:28:22 PM »

Good to hear from you with an update rosie  that feeling you get in chest which is hard to explain. A lot of us seem to get it and we all find it hard to describe. Its like a "swooping" sensation or a "surge". I've had anxiety before but I've never had that until meno.
Good that your blood tests were o.k and you're being referred 
Are you using testosterone. It's supposed to help with muscle pain. I've only been on it a week or so so I cant comment on results yet 
Also.  I have read that some ladies find CBd oil good for joint pain  obviously you dont want to be starting anything like that until you've seen rheumatologist  .. But it .if might vbe something to think about in future for both of you.
Good luck with your appt. Rosie77.xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]