Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrogel  (Read 3396 times)

Conolly

Re: Estrogel
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 09:36:48 PM »

Donna-paul,

Now that you know that all these symptoms could be from lower oestrogen levels (Oestrodose being weaker) you can relax a bit!
🤗
Conolly X

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »

I have reported it to yellow card and they have come back to ask more questions. I'm saying they are different wether it's weaker and got some type of filler! I've now been of it 2 days and my bad head is going and my hot flushes are getting better and aniexty. I'm only on a low dose so it won't be 100% the worst thing for me was the awful head and it's happened twice now when I been given estrodose I will never be taking it! I have also sent email to Besins to confirm have they changed estrogel packaging from tin canister to plastic and had no reply so I really hope I'm taking the proper gel!

Donna-paul - packaging changes regularly just as with food products. On the thread where I reported my correspondence with Besins (which established that they only make one formulation of estradiol labelled Oestrodose or Oestrogel depending on where it is being exported to) - they explained that both their packages were made from polypropylene. This thread has all the info about Oestrogel and Oestrodose that we know so far. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40586.120.html

Here is the info about the containers as I specifically asked them about this issue as differences in material could affect consistency and therefore absorption:

"The bottles/canisters of Oestrogel and Oestrodose are both made from polypropylene. The gel is held within a pouch inside the canister and both Oestrodose and Oestrogel use a low-density polyethylene (LDPE) pouch." 

It always takes a little while to get a response from Besins but you should receive a reply - and they will no doubt  (depending on your exact question) tell you when they changed from metal to plastic.

Do rest assured that whatever the label is and whatever the packaging - all the information we have is that if you are prescribed Oestrogel you are receiving 0.06% estradiol gel manufactured by Besins in Belgium - whether the label reads Oestrogel or Oestrodose.

Anyway -  please try not to worry or look for differences or problems - and I do hope you are generally feeling less anxious and better especially over these next few days!

Hurdity x

Donna-paul

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »

I have reported it to yellow card and they have come back to ask more questions. I'm saying they are different wether it's weaker and got some type of filler! I've now been of it 2 days and my bad head is going and my hot flushes are getting better and aniexty. I'm only on a low dose so it won't be 100% the worst thing for me was the awful head and it's happened twice now when I been given estrodose I will never be taking it! I have also sent email to Besins to confirm have they changed estrogel packaging from tin canister to plastic and had no reply so I really hope I'm taking the proper gel!

Donna-paul - packaging changes regularly just as with food products. On the thread where I reported my correspondence with Besins (which established that they only make one formulation of estradiol labelled Oestrodose or Oestrogel depending on where it is being exported to) - they explained that both their packages were made from polypropylene. This thread has all the info about Oestrogel and Oestrodose that we know so far. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40586.120.html

Here is the info about the containers as I specifically asked them about this issue as differences in material could affect consistency and therefore absorption:

"The bottles/canisters of Oestrogel and Oestrodose are both made from polypropylene. The gel is held within a pouch inside the canister and both Oestrodose and Oestrogel use a low-density polyethylene (LDPE) pouch." 

It always takes a little while to get a response from Besins but you should receive a reply - and they will no doubt  (depending on your exact question) tell you when they changed from metal to plastic.

Do rest assured that whatever the label is and whatever the packaging - all the information we have is that if you are prescribed Oestrogel you are receiving 0.06% estradiol gel manufactured by Besins in Belgium - whether the label reads Oestrogel or Oestrodose.

Anyway -  please try not to worry or look for differences or problems - and I do hope you are generally feeling less anxious and better especially over these next few days!

Hurdity x

Thank you hurdity but I know you say they are the same item I disagree because the awful thumping head I had with flashing lights has gone since I've come of estrodose. I believe they have added something different in it for me to react to. I have M.e so my toleration levels are different to others and react more easily. Why did the pharmacist change his mind and get 3 lots of estrogel in after speaking to manufacturers??

Conolly

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 03:01:01 PM »

Hello ladies,

Besins also says that the Drogenbos, Belgium manufacturing plant belongs to them which is not the case, it belongs to another pharmaceutical company called Delpharm http://www.delpharm.com/en/the-group/history/

The pharmaceutical business is huge and very complex these days. I'm not saying that Besins is deliberately doing anything wrong or withholding information, it's just that governments don't have control of the whole chain anymore and the chain keeps growing with merges and acquisitions happening on a daily basis.

It's very important that every woman who has felt any side effects or differences between the two products do report this under the Yellow Card Scheme to the MHRA, so they can investigate.

Don't forget that after Brexit things will change and shortages (which have already happened in the UK and in France) are also expected, so it's not just a matter of trusting Besins, it's about business transparency, so all users can know exactly who and what they are putting their trust on.

Conolly X

Donna-paul

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »

All I know is that my horrendous headache has gone and my blood pressure gone back down so something in it I react to. It was strange as the pharmacist was quite obnoxious at first and kept saying there the same even after I told him it made me ill before. Then when I saw him and said I just can't use it after he spoke to manufacture he changed. He's words was one is for European and that we are going to get a lot of future trouble getting drugs!!
Pages: 1 [2]