Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progesterone ??  (Read 1095 times)

Rosebush

Progesterone ??
« on: December 12, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »

Hi Ladies, need some advice please :-*

My conti patches (Femseven) are no longer available, so only option for a conti patch now is Evorel, but tried these many years ago and got terrible headaches and nausea, due too I believe the norethisterone  in them, if I use a Estrogen only patch ? is there a type of prog gel I could use, don't want tabs...just wondered if anyone was on this regime? xx

racjen

Re: Progesterone ??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »

I don't think there's a gel (someone will come on and prove me wrong in a minute) but you can use Utrogestan capsules vaginally instead of orally - in fact they're better taken that way as you get fewer side effects. Just don't tell your GP that's how you're taking them cos they're not licensed for use that way in the UK.

Dancing Queen

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »

I`m going to have this problem too in a couple of months when I run out of femseven sequi .. was thinking of trying a conti patch and a prog pill if there are any pills which have the same prog in as femseven...does anybody know?   x

racjen

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »

I think femseven has levonorgestrel in doesn't it? That's the same progestin as in a Mirena, but you may already have tried that....

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:51:02 PM »

There is a vaginal progesterone gel called Crinone used for fertility but it's not licensed for HRT and it doesn't seem as though gynaes prescribe it much for this purpose either as there have only been one or two women I recall mentioning having tried it. As racjen said - I too use Utrogestan vaginally (but not every day - I use it cyclically) and seems to do the job without too many bad side effects - well I put up with them as i want to use something more "natural" ie body-identical, especially at my age having been on HRT for over 10 years.

Hurdity x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »

I really don't fancy the mirena..bit squeamish ( I know..have never been pregnant or given birth so am a right woos) so will prob have to try evorel sequi and hope the prog is ok for me. Meanwhile will enjoy my last couple of problem free months of femseven!

Rosebush

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »

Thankyou for your replies ladies :-*

D.C so sorry you will also suffer by Femseven being discontinued, it appears no other prog contains levonorgestrel  :'(

Hurdity what dosage of Utrogestan do you use, I too have been on HRT nearly 10 years, and have used Femseven for 9years, but I am 69, so worrying if I tried the Utrogestan how many nights would I use it and what dosage, I know having a discussion with my GP would be a waste of time he has no knowledge at all re HRT  :(

My only other option is Everol, not sure they would work on my sweats.....having used them many years ago, the side effects were horrible and they did not stop my sweats even after 3mths, so changed to Femseven, although they stopped my day sweats, my nights one's still appear every hour, but no where near as intense, its just fan on for 3mins and I can breathe again..

I have mailed Teva 3 times using different email address but no response, even my Pharmacy only got a curt "discontinued advise patient to see GP" :'(

Wish we had more options!! >:(  xxx