Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan dosage  (Read 751 times)

Rosie63

Utrogestan dosage
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »

Hi ladies.  I'm due to start my Utrogestan tonight and just wanted a bit of advice please. I usually take 100mg vaginally days 15-28.  However, I'm suffering with a bit of discomfort underneath at the moment and I'm worried taking the Utro this way will make this worse.  I have an appointment with the nurse practitioner next Thursday (earliest I could get) to get myself checked over but was wondering if I take 100mg orally, whether this would be enough or should I take 2 capsules this month?

Thank you.

Rosie63 x

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan dosage
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »

It depends on your oestrogen dose and how near menopause - I'm thinking you are over 60 and post? Also on the sort of bleed you got with the other regime. It's always best to start with the licesned dose so 200 mg orally daily for 12 days - although you will probably notice the difference!

Hurdity x

Rosie63

Re: Utrogestan dosage
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.  Yes, I'm 64 and post.  I was only on 50mg Estradot but last time I changed patch, I increased to 75mg as was still getting symptoms.  I had quite a heavy bleed last month so was happy with that. I think I'll do the 200mg orally for the 12 days to be on the safe side.

Thanks again.

Rosie x