Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estrodose/estrogel  (Read 4133 times)

Donna-paul

Estrodose/estrogel
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »

I really would like to know if any other women are having trouble taking estrodose instead of estrogel? This topic has been discussed I know before by myself as well i have now been taking estrodose for a month as chemist couldn't get the other and keep saying it's the same! Well I feel awful liked I did when I tried it last year! For me it is not the same and given me awful migraines and I'm not imagining it as this happened before. Is everyone else able to get estrogel in uk particularly Norwich as I don't know what I'm going to do? I have M.e so react to things hence I was allergic to all the tablets so went on gel!

Pinkjan4288

Re: Estrodose/estrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »

I started Estrogel last week. I live near Cambridge.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »

Sorry to hear Oestrodose is making you feel so ill. Have you considered trying the Sandrena gel instead of Oestrodose/Oestrogel? I've never had any supply issues in the 3 months I've been on it.
JP x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:59:54 PM »

Hi donna-paul

Sorry to hear about your reaction to the oestrogen gel.

If you think it is the Oestrodose rather than your own cycle kicking in, then do take note of the batch number and the origin (manufacturer and importer) as per the patient information leaflet. It is important that you write to Besins ( their e-mail address should be on the leaflet or online) to ask them about this particular batch - as they are supposed to be exactly the same product - as manufactured in their plant in Belgium. If necessary they might ask for a sample if you are getting headaches from this one and not the product named Oestrogel.

As Joaniepat says there is always Sandrena to try too.

Hope your headaches ease soon.

Hurdity x

Donna-paul

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 09:19:51 AM »

Hi donna-paul

Sorry to hear about your reaction to the oestrogen gel.

If you think it is the Oestrodose rather than your own cycle kicking in, then do take note of the batch number and the origin (manufacturer and importer) as per the patient information leaflet. It is important that you write to Besins ( their e-mail address should be on the leaflet or online) to ask them about this particular batch - as they are supposed to be exactly the same product - as manufactured in their plant in Belgium. If necessary they might ask for a sample if you are getting headaches from this one and not the product named Oestrogel.

As Joaniepat says there is always Sandrena to try too.

Hope your headaches ease soon.

Hurdity x

To me this estrodose makes me unwell with migraines it happened last year when I tryed it and it's happened again . Also my blood pressure has shot up. I can only take a low dose because hrt gives me migraines and the consultant worries about me having a stroke. I've just taken estrogel with low dose of progestrone for 5 maths and been ok only thing changed is the estrodose!! I've now got a battle with the pharmacist to get the proper one in the tin canister called estrogel.

Donna-paul

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »

You need to explain to your GP what's happening and ask him to change your prescription so that it says Estrogel specifically and not just estradiol gel (which leaves the pharmacist to dispense either product).

This IS possible to do as I have to take a branded antihistamine rather than a generic version - which gives me headaches!

Personally I wouldn't rush into changing over to Sandrena as I found that quite different from estrogel!

Well I give you an update went to pharmacist today and said I can't take estrodose once again!He said again it's the same and all depends what Gp puts on prescription. Well I asked my Gp and he said always puts estrogel!
so he said I will ring manufacturer to check I replyed great otherwise I will move pharmacy as I've had migraine all weekend and blood pressure gone up and this happened when I tryed to take last year!! Well I had been home 10mins and he rang to say he's managed to get hold of 3 estrogel so I say he found out there is different agredients or fillers.

Donna-paul

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:01:29 PM »

Just update if anyone interested! Just picked up the proper original estrogel from the chemist after awful month on estrodose. Well I'm know I wasn't imagining it the pharmacist said he spoke to manufacture wouldnt go into but there is something in estrodose which I must be reacting to! I had same with tablets bad rash and consultant said it's the fillers! Also I messaged the menopause dr who kindly came back and she said she's had women similar and that it is weaker! Just hope it gets out of my system soon as awful migraine for days and sweats! Don't give up as we all know are bodies and not imagining it.

Conolly

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »

Hello Donna-paul,

Well done, I hope you feel better soon. Do you have the Oestrodose bottles? If yes, would you mind posting the details (PL number, company, labelling) or a photo? This is a very serious issue and as stated earlier and on another threads all users experiencing side effects and inconsistencies (smell, texture) should report to MHRA via the Yellow Card Scheme https://www.gov.uk/report-problem-medicine-medical-device

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 04:19:01 PM »

Hello Stellajane,

The problem here is that Oestrodose is not a generic of Oestrogel or Estradiol gel. It is supposed to be the same product, manufactured at the same plant (Drogenbos, Belgium), so any inconsistencies or side effects MUST be reported to MRHA, as they may be due to inadequate storage or something worse, for example, they could have been imported from markets outside the EU with different fillers.

Conolly X
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:20:44 PM by Conolly »

Donna-paul

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »

Hello Stellajane,

The problem here is that Oestrodose is not a generic of Oestrogel or Estradiol gel. It is supposed to be the same product, manufactured at the same plant (Drogenbos, Belgium), so any inconsistencies or side effects MUST be reported to MRHA, as they may be due to inadequate storage or something worse, for example, they could have been imported from markets outside the EU with different fillers.

Conolly X
Hello Stellajane,

Conolly X

I'm trying to attach a picture but don't know how to? What was interesting the pharmacist said something like one was for European use which I guess it the proper one and he said we are going to get a lot of trouble getting drugs! He wouldn't exactly say what was different apart from could what it's made with!!

Conolly

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »

Hello again Donna-paul,

Can you send me the picture via email? My email address is below my avatar (click the envelope) and I will post it for you.

Conolly X

Donna-paul

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »

Hello again Donna-paul,

Can you send me the picture via email? My email address is below my avatar (click the envelope) and I will post it for you.

Conolly X

I'm sorry but there's no button to click for attachment? I'm not very tech!

Conolly

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »

I see what you mean. Don't send me an email through MM, just copy my email address and send me the photo through your own email service provider.

Conolly X

Donna-paul

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »

I see what you mean. Don't send me an email through MM, just copy my email address and send me the photo through your own email service provider.

Conolly X

It doesn't show your email address just says Conolly

Conolly

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »

I will PM you my email address.

Conolly X
Pages: [1] 2