Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: changing from Femseven  (Read 1406 times)

Dancing Queen

changing from Femseven
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »

Hi all, I know this has been discussed before but would like the info in one place to hand when I go to the Drs. I`ve got 3 weeks of femseven sequi patches left so have to plan ahead as it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment!
So I know I`ll have to change as the femseven have been discontinued.  So the only alternative sequi patches are evorel sequi but know a lot of people have trouble with the prog in them. Has anyone had no problems swapping to these as I`ve only seen bad reviews so far!
If I go for a patch and a separate prog pill are there any pills with the same prog in them as femseven?
Or finally gel and a prog pill. Am I right in thinking you can adjust the amount of gel if you feel you need more? I sometimes get flush-y and weepy especially towards patch changing time so wonder if I`m not getting quite enough.  Also after just over 5 months of being on the patches my periods are still as irregular as they were before (the last 2 were only 2 weeks apart), it`s as if my (un)natural cycle is still over riding the HRT cycle. Could this be a sign I`m not getting enough oestrogen?
I feel better than I did before the patches and am dreading having to change to something that won`t work. Do you think I should start on the new regime whatever that will be and then decide if I need a higher dose after it`s settled down?
oh, BTW I don`t want a mirena!
Thanking you in advance!
DQ xx

Hurdity

Re: changing from Femseven
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »

Hi Dancing Queen

There are no tablets with the same prog as Femseven - only the Mirena which you said you don't want. Some of the mini POPs contain levonorgestrel - but these are not licensed as the prog part of HRT.

If you want to keep to transdermal ie nil-by-mouth then the only other option is estradiol patches ( or gel) with Utrogestan taken vaginally (off licence).

You will experience less disruption as you switch products by only changing one thing at a time - ie sticking with (!) patches but changing the prog. You can always try the Evorel sequi first - after all the fact that they are still on the market means they must suit many women - but you only hear of women with problems on forums like this. At least there are plenty of options if you find this doesn't suit you?

Hurdity x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Yes I think I`ll try Evorel first, maybe I`m just anticipating problems before they happen! x

Zara69

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »

I have used femseven, Evorel sequi and oestrogel and utrogestan...the delivery (gel or patch) of the oestrogen makes no difference to me - they were all fine...utrogestan vaginally gives me migraine with aura, never taken it orally as I fear side effects may be worse but I might try it.  Prog in both patches was fine ...no problems or headaches. We are all different so give evorel a go! X

Dancing Queen

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »

Thanks Zara, that`s encouraging!  :)

Mandy-Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:36:20 PM »

Hi there

My first HRT was elleste duet which sent me completely loopy.  My doctor swapped me onto evorel sequi patches, which is the same prog but a different delivery method and I was absolutely fine on them.  I was on them for just short of two years and changed to the conti version a month ago, so far with no problems.

The thought of coming off HRT fills me with horror as I had absolutely no quality of life.

This site is brilliant and I've had some great advice, but the nature of it is that people only tend to post if they have a problem, and not if everything is fine.

Try evorel patches, they've been a life saver for me.

Good luck x