Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: new and in need of help!  (Read 1246 times)

lisa_w

new and in need of help!
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »

hi everyone,
ive just joined and in need of some advice. sorry if its a bit of a ramble
I am 43 and sufferd various issues over the past 5 years which were never really worked out. out of curisoty about 3 years ago i was using the self test fsh sticks and they always came up positive but i had extremly regualr periods and doctor dissmised it. i got a blood test just over a year ago which tested posititve for peri. since then my cycle went from 4 weeks to 3 with varoius symtoms. a couple of times i skipped.....so ive had anxiety, joint pain, headaches horrendous fatige the list goes on. and some hot flushes aching legs ...

however after having no period for 6 weeks it started with a vegenece lasted 10 days and left me with horrendoes anxitey....constant night sweats....migraine aura with permanant headche feel sick. im on clander day 18 and the hot flushes are pretty much constant. my leg feels so tight im limping, heart feels like its gonna burst and honest i feel like im ready to die! can all this be peri?? i went to the doc today and she reluctantly prescribed me femseven sequi patch...then phoned to tell me to get my bloods checked first!
im at home on my own with 2 young children because my hubby works away and im so scared to be honest. im guessing hormones but scared im going to have a stroke!!
thanks to anyone who reads this
lisa xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: new and in need of help!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »

Your GP needs to get her act together, you can't be the only woman on her books in peri  >:(  ::)

Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Do you have help with the children if your husband is away?

Blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

What you describe is 'common' during The Change.  Do make sure that your VitD levels are high enough which will ease some of the symptoms.

Someone with HRT knowledge should be along.  In the meantime read round, make notes.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:29:22 PM »

Hi Lisa,it's truly awful isn't it,most of us on here have felt like we're dying at one point or another,so you're not alone,palpitations are quite common as are your other symptoms,my anxiety comes and goes,some days I'm quite sure I'm dying,on my good days I just think,oh you silly moo.
Like clkd said look at some of the stuff on here,it's definitely helped me.good luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »

You are 'young' so need some advice about keeping heart and bones as healthy as possible  ;)

lisa_w

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »

thank you all for replying, i guess im needing reasurance lol. honestly the arguments i have had with gps over the years ...the issues are they are only ever intrested in numbers...not symtoms. i am actually starting back on vitamin d it was really low a few years ago and i was in agony!
this site has so much information...i even sent the advice for husbands section to my husband becuase he couldnt understand how bad this all is...so hopefully he will be more help when he is home!
i had dexa scan about 4 years ago which showed i was in the ostopenia stage but never been mentioned sinse...so i dont know if there has been any deteration
honestly over the years i have heard of hot flushes but i had nooooo idea how bad they are....and the anxiety is just horrendous!
thanks again
x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »

Hello Lisa_w and welcome to the forum.

As jaypo has said palpitations are quite common. Mine started after my last period and how my heart didn't leap right out of my chest I  don't know! I also had six months of constant headaches but no longer have them.

The  power of hormones is awesome but very scary at the same time. My worst symptom is anxiety, also very common so you have my sympathy.

I'm sorry that I can't offer practical help but you are not alone by any means. Hopefully the patches will work for you ( when you finally get them).

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

lisa_w

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:10:25 AM »

the anxiety is my worst thing as well its terrible !

i got my bloods done yesterday but worried because i actually felt normal yesterday for once so I am scrared my hormone level will be fine and also later on it occured to me they didnt ask what day of my cycle I was on so not sure if they will be reliable anyway grrrr its all a nightmare!
lisa xx

lisa_w

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »

thank you all so much will deffo look into boron and the diet  :)
lisa xxx