Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: exercise for anxiety  (Read 1108 times)

NaturalMystic

exercise for anxiety
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »

I have just ordered a stationary exercise bike 🚲 hoping it will help get rid of the anxiety fight/flight feeling, believing this will help getting rid of the excess adrenaline.  Hoping this will help 😉
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:22:56 PM by NaturalMystic »

Dancinggirl

Re: exercise for anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »

I personally believe that exercise in any form is beneficial for body and mind and I think research has proved that exrercise is crucial.

A stationary bike may be a good start for you but getting out for brisk walks and possible a Pilates or dance class is also really good.

Don't try to go at things too much straight off - build up gradually and make the exercise part of your daily routine.

If you don't already do relaxation techniques, then do learn this, as exercise alongside some good relaxation can be great. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »

Running up and down stairs?

Did anyone watch Darcy Bussell's programme about the benefit of dance on Sat.?  I danced from 8 to 18.  I also sang in the school choir and played 3 instruments.  Music heals.  Music soothes.  It's a way of getting into a new group of people.

Cycling used to be fun but the pot holes make it impossible  :bang:  I had a treadmill for sale ........... once I've cleared all the stuff off it  :D

NaturalMystic

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »

I personally believe that exercise in any form is beneficial for body and mind and I think research has proved that exrercise is crucial.

A stationary bike may be a good start for you but getting out for brisk walks and possible a Pilates or dance class is also really good.

Don't try to go at things too much straight off - build up gradually and make the exercise part of your daily routine.

If you don't already do relaxation techniques, then do learn this, as exercise alongside some good relaxation can be great. DG x
Hi hun, oh I have a dog so walkies are common place.  Ialso cycle to work a lot.  This is to divert me from the panic spells when indoors if you like. 

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »

My husband bought me a cross trainer,I used to run but now got a knackered foot 🤨 it's good & has a screen and you can run through the countryside or anywhere in the world actually,takes the boredom away