Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feel terrible  (Read 1474 times)

Pippalong

Feel terrible
« on: December 01, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »

Hi everyone,
Not posted on this forum before so here goes.  I am 58 and have been taking low dose hrt for about 18 months (Premique ).  This had been fine for me but just recently the night sweats reappeared.  I work shifts and trying to do a 12 hour night shift with little sleep due to having to shower all time just wasn't cutting it.  Doctor has now put me on Femiston Conti 1/5.  For the past 3 weeks I have had breast tenderness and constant headache.  I have been taking this for 11 weeks now.  Do I persevere, will the tenderness subside or do I just revert back to the lower dose and cope with the sweats.  My doctor seemed to be in too much of a hurry for me to discuss with her ( she was running 45 mins behind in her appointments).  Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel terrible
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »

:welcomemm:

browse round.  Make notes.  Hopefully someone with HRT knowledge will be along, otherwise put the product name into the search box and see what threads pop up?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »

You do just get used to the sweats,they tend to come and go but maybe they are bad for you? I get sooooo annoyed when I hear that women feel rushed at the dr because they're running late,you've to wait weeks for an appointment then you feel the dr just wants you out of there.not good

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »

Hi Pippalong &  :welcomemm:

Most changes to HRT can take up to 6 months to settle down & these sort of symptoms do tend to happen. If you are able to stay with the new one for a bit longer it may settle down soon. If not make another appt with your doctor to discuss a different sort to try. Have you considered patches or gel?
Heres hoping you start to feel better soon
Cazikins x

Pippalong

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »

Hi Pippalong &  :welcomemm:

Most changes to HRT can take up to 6 months to settle down & these sort of symptoms do tend to happen. If you are able to stay with the new one for a bit longer it may settle down soon. If not make another appt with your doctor to discuss a different sort to try. Have you considered patches or gel?
Heres hoping you start to feel better soon
Cazikins x

Thanks.  A friend has mentioned the gel. Will keep going for another month or so and if I still feel as bad will make another appointment. X

Rosie63

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 05:55:37 PM »

Hi Pippalong.  The gel might be a good option for you with a separate prog. as it's very easy to adjust the dose to try to balance what you need with least side effects, although, as the other ladies have said, it can take a few months for things to settle.

Wishing you well.

Rosie63 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »

Any improvement this evening?

Pippalong

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

Hi Pippalong.  The gel might be a good option for you with a separate prog. as it's very easy to adjust the dose to try to balance what you need with least side effects, although, as the other ladies have said, it can take a few months for things to settle.

Wishing you well.

Rosie63 x
Thankyou.