Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena and everol patches and sleep  (Read 1050 times)

lawles66

Mirena and everol patches and sleep
« on: December 01, 2018, 05:09:12 AM »

Hi ,haven't posted for a while . I was having some bleeding on femseven conti then there was a supply problem so I was started on femostan conti . I have been taking this for 2 months and have slept the best I have for years. I was also referred to the menopause clinic and was recommended I have endometrial biopsy and to have the mirena coil and oestrogen patches . I wondered if anyone had any experience of this in particular with regards to sleeping.( I have a stressful demanding job and need to sleep to cope )
I like the fact my risk is lower with coil and patch than oral route but don't want to go back to not sleeping.Also is not sleeping due to low oestrogen as I was on low dose 50mcg femseven and wonder if I would need to increase oestrogen to have same effect on patch?

Hurdity

Re: Mirena and everol patches and sleep
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »

It's diffcult to disentangle what was causing what with the different products you use. However the progestogen in the Mirena is the same one as in Femseven so if you tolerated that it's a good sign. Yes you can always increase the oestrogen dose if you feel you need more - which is the beauty of separate hormones. Unfortunately the progestogen in Femoston is not available separately.

Hope all goes well with the biopsy.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

I slept much better with the Mirena.
Mirena with Oestrogel was the best HRT regime I ever tried.  Patches would be good alongside the Mirena.   DG x

LJB12

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 02:50:32 PM »

Until recently when my Mirena ran out I was so settled and happy on Mirena plus 100mcg Evorel patches. Slept fine, well a snoring husband doesn't help, but other than that.
Think you'll be ok 😁