Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: EnglishRose Roseenglish 😄  (Read 8098 times)

EnglishRose

Re: EnglishRose Roseenglish Returns 😄
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2018, 04:26:08 PM »

Just dragged my ass out of bed and walked the dogs... in the rain... it's just going dark so ppl haven't closed their curtains yet...I peeped into a window as I passed and saw the family sat around the Xmas tree up... I wished I knew them... I looked at all those houses and doors and wished I could knock on one and go in just to get out of my bedroom and my own head.. got home covered in sweat. ..down my back...which is full of acne because of my sweating..

This period can't comd fast enough I just wish I knew it was coming for sure maybe then my mood would break 😑

racjen

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »

Yay, so glad to see you back, and to be able to picture you as you really are (and will be again - we have to keep believing that). I know so well that feeling that people who've met me in the last year don't know the real me at all - before that I was confident, cheerful, friendly and outgoing. Since the bloody chemo menopause I'm anxious, depressed, fearful, avoidant of social contact etc.etc. and that's just not me. Don't let any of the ignorants out there convince you that this is the real you - it isn't, it's our bodies playing horrible tricks on us and the sad thing is we have to fight to get anyone to take us seriously. I'm not going to let myself be put into the mental health problem category - I'm fighting back. I know my own mind - after all, I live in it! Love and hugs to you xxx

EnglishRose

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »

Yay, so glad to see you back, and to be able to picture you as you really are (and will be again - we have to keep believing that). I know so well that feeling that people who've met me in the last year don't know the real me at all - before that I was confident, cheerful, friendly and outgoing. Since the bloody chemo menopause I'm anxious, dephressed, fearful, avoidant of social contact etc.etc. and that's just not me. Don't let any of the ignorants out there convince you that this is the real you - it isn't, it's our bodies playing horrible tricks on us and the sad thing is we have to fight to get anyone to take us seriously. I'm not going to let myself be put into the mental health problem category - I'm fighting back. I know my own mind - after all, I live in it! Love and hugs to you xxx

I had the mental health team out to me 6 weeks ago She assessed me, I told her my story about my symptoms and googling them and how I'd fallen into acute anxiety about PGAD ...crying as I told her. She wrote me off as a hypochondriac offered me some appointment months down the line for CBT.
I declined.
It's not like I have a history of doing this..oh and they pigeon hole you based on any drugs prescribed.. so the ADs I was given when peri menopause hit me and the doctor told me I was too young for menopause and was depressed now means I'm judged by ANY medical professional I visit as someone who suffers with depression. I don't, I took them bc I was told I would feel better, and they didn't work bc my symptoms were hormonal.
But they do have a sedative effect so I take them for that reason alone. (At night for sleep)

I don't trust the nhs,
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:55:10 PM by EnglishRose »

racjen

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2018, 05:57:57 PM »

Yes, that's pretty much my story word-for-word too - they should all be made to read this forum in their training.... ;D

EnglishRose

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »

Yay, so glad to see you back, and to be able to picture you as you really are (and will be again - we have to keep believing that). I know so well that feeling that people who've met me in the last year don't know the real me at all - before that I was confident, cheerful, friendly and outgoing. Since the bloody chemo menopause I'm anxious, depressed, fearful, avoidant of social contact etc.etc. and that's just not me. Don't let any of the ignorants out there convince you that this is the real you - it isn't, it's our bodies playing horrible tricks on us and the sad thing is we have to fight to get anyone to take us seriously. I'm not going to let myself be put into the mental health problem category - I'm fighting back. I know my own mind - after all, I live in it! Love and hugs to you xxx

Sorry - thank you xx

EnglishRose

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »

I had some of the symptoms you describe. It wasn't recognised as VA and went untreated for a long time. When I eventually did begin treatment I reacted badly to oestrogen creams (many people use them without a problem) so use estring. It works very well for me.

Yes, I'm thinking the same. Estriol burned me to hell and since then my pee burns my skin AND I'm itching! Never had that before I started.
I'm gonna buy estring bc getting it from my doc means waiting until 17 Dec.
How long does it last?

Conolly

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »

Do u know where your peripheral neuropathy comes from?
Back issues?
What are your symptoms?
Peri was okay except from the start ... just as well as it lasted ten years !
I think I'm now hitting menopause.. feel like crap 💩 physically and mentally four days. Keep checking my pants when I go toilet hoping that the very mild spotting results in a long overdue period.

Hello again,

I don't know where the neuropathy comes from, neither my 5 doctors... fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, ME/CFS, chronic pain syndrome, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, other connective tissue disorders have all been 'diagnosed'.

My main symptom is burning skin (hands, arms, feet, legs, upper back). It's extremely debilitating. It began in February and now it comes and goes as it pleases. I've done tons of tests and been prescribed tons of meds, Venlafaxine, Duloxetine, Cyclobenzaprine, Biotin, Curcuma, amongst others. I have decided to stop all medication and supplements, very confusing. I only take B12 now because I'm veggie.

The Nephrologist has diagnosed a big kidney stone and she thinks that it has been caused by excess supplemental vitamin D (I wasn't aware at the time that I needed vitamin K2 and magnesium along with it, neither my doctor).

My peri also lasted 10 years, but it was not ok... it was a long and winding road of ups and downs (I thought I was bipolar) and when menopause was approaching, I collapsed. I'm exactly 2 years postmeno now. Let's say that the last year of peri was the worst possible nightmare I have ever experienced. Then, 3 months after hitting menopause, the neuropathy started. On the bright side, morning anxiety, insomnia, feelings of impending doom, random bursts of sadness, anger, insecurity and crying have calmed down.

That's why I'm sure you'll be fine once you cross the menopause bridge. Not that you'll have your old life back. That'll never happen but you'll be able to breathe and get to know your new self better (although your old body will always remind you to slow down).

Conolly X

Annie0710

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »

My restless legs were cured by eating lots of bananas - lack of potassium.  For 5+ years I ate 2/3 small bananas daily and didn't have problems, then I went 'off' bananas  :-\.  Within 3 months symptoms had returned.  I have found some really tasty ones in recent weeks otherwise I take 2 Nurofen an hour B4 bedtime which helps.

I read that CLKD on other posts and went rummaging in my medicine cupboard a few nights ago found some potassium glucanate tablets. I prefer bananas I think, meant to ask hubby to buy some... I'll keep taking the tablets though. X

Please please don't take potassium tablets unless you've been tested and prescribed them recently.  Potassium is a very dangerous one to supplement by pills, best to get it in food.  Incidentally if you google potassium-rich foods bananas aren't the best.  Coconut milk I think was very good x

Conolly

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 06:45:11 PM »

Please please don't take potassium tablets unless you've been tested and prescribed them recently.  Potassium is a very dangerous one to supplement by pills, best to get it in food.  Incidentally if you google potassium-rich foods bananas aren't the best.  Coconut milk I think was very good x
I second that.
Conolly X

Robin

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 07:13:48 PM »

It's supposed to last 3 months but it doesn't last me that long. I get 8-10 weeks out of it. It's definitely worth trying x

Robin

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »

That makes me feel more hopeful Conolly and hope it does others too.  I'm glad things improved so much for you x

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »

It's coconut water that's high in potassium  :)

That's the one ! Milk didn't sound right but I couldn't think what it was .  I hated the taste so drank chocolate coconut water which was lovely xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2018, 08:26:05 PM »

Why take a supplement when potassium is readily available in bananas and cheaper!  And coconuts do not have MILK regardless of what the current trend suggests.  They have water which I love ........ creamed coconut is different, DH uses a lot in Indian cookery - the water has been removed and it's been squashed and I can't get enough of it.  Hate the desiccated stuff though  :D

Mind you, there are bananas.  And there are bananas  :-X

Conolly

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 08:32:30 PM »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »

:thankyou:

now chard, the Jury in our house is out on that and kale  ;D
Himself likes avocado but I don't

Yoghurt - would that be Greek 'live' ....... poured over bananas with brown sugar ?  ;)

Our veg this evening was roasted in olive oil: carrots, parsnips, spuds, pumpkin ........ there is enough to eat cold tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4