Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: EnglishRose Roseenglish 😄  (Read 8101 times)

Charys

Re: EnglishRose Roseenglish Returns 😄
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »

My thyroid test was also normal , 2 years ago.   :)

Charys

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »

10x worse in peri so I think mine has been hormone based all along.

Snap !

I figured mine was hormonal myself after the 'tamoxifen incident' (as I shall now refer to it LOL). However, had I not have been able to draw that pattern myself I would have been really scared of it !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 01:44:41 PM »

My restless legs were cured by eating lots of bananas - lack of potassium.  For 5+ years I ate 2/3 small bananas daily and didn't have problems, then I went 'off' bananas  :-\.  Within 3 months symptoms had returned.  I have found some really tasty ones in recent weeks otherwise I take 2 Nurofen an hour B4 bedtime which helps.

Conolly

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »

Hello EnglishRose,

Welcome back. I just want to tell you that I was a recluse, had suicidal thoughts and no motivation or energy at all during perimenopause. Now, 2 years postmenopause and still having very scary symptoms (peripheral neuropathy) I can see there's light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't come from the Death Train, it's the light of Knowledge  & Power. Take care and never despair.  :peace: and  :love:

Conolly X

EnglishRose

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 02:17:01 PM »

My restless legs were cured by eating lots of bananas - lack of potassium.  For 5+ years I ate 2/3 small bananas daily and didn't have problems, then I went 'off' bananas  :-\.  Within 3 months symptoms had returned.  I have found some really tasty ones in recent weeks otherwise I take 2 Nurofen an hour B4 bedtime which helps.

I read that CLKD on other posts and went rummaging in my medicine cupboard a few nights ago found some potassium glucanate tablets. I prefer bananas I think, meant to ask hubby to buy some... I'll keep taking the tablets though. X

Charys

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »

I chuck in bananas too, and walnuts (for magnesium) and now read that I need daily tuna and cod for iodine LOL

EnglishRose

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

Hello EnglishRose,

Welcome back. I just want to tell you that I was a recluse, had suicidal thoughts and no motivation or energy at all during perimenopause. Now, 2 years postmenopause and still having very scary symptoms (peripheral neuropathy) I can see there's light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't come from the Death Train, it's the light of Knowledge  & Power. Take care and never despair.  :peace: and  :love:

Conolly X

Do u know where your peripheral neuropathy comes from?
Back issues?
What are your symptoms?
Peri was okay except from the start ... just as well as it lasted ten years !
I think I'm now hitting menopause.. feel like crap 💩 physically and mentally four days. Keep checking my pants when I go toilet hoping that the very mild spotting results in a long overdue period.

Charys

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 02:28:42 PM »

You'll be positively glowing with good health Charys at this rate! 😁

Sadly the input, is not affecting what I see in the mirror.  ;D ;D ;D

EnglishRose

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »

You know my history from my book so won't bore you, however re pelvic exam and front of wall being sensitive.

I'm 52 now had a pelvic exam at about 45ish when all this started and my GP touched the same area SO sensitive.

Skip forward to now & when I have occasional women's health physio for a MOT it's hugely better so it was VA, remember the bladder also needs oestrogen & although you have got away with ping lots in your earlier days and no real problem, now it's drying out ( because it will because age dictates so ) that your p will irritate where it didn't before as it was oestronised.

Unfortunately the local oestrogen can irritate some regards the fillers, some plough through and come out the other side all good , others simply can't tolerate it.

HRT is not my golden bullet regards my mental health it makes me quite down, however without it I'm suicidal regards my VA issues so I have to weigh it all up.

The estring may be better less fillers.

Thanks MJ
You're my unofficial unpaid consultant lol
I hate putting on you.. so I don't ...much ... but I know you have seen the best of the best and worst consultants, separating the wheat from the chaff
and traveled a road not traveled by many.

So your opinion on all matters gynaecological is of the upmost importance to me.

I went to bladder uk after the IC comment and even found a post from you lol I knew it was you because I know your history well now. It was 2014 so I'm guessing this was round about the time you were told you had IC at some point.

Ps reviewed the book on Amazon last week x

Lanzalover

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 02:45:29 PM »

Pleased to see you back EnglushRose

Take care
Lanzalover x

EnglishRose

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »

My thyroid test was also normal , 2 years ago.   :)

Is it still normal?
You're aware of the website “stop the thyroid madness” .
It's about how lab normals are not reliable enough to go off as we're not all cut from the same cookie cutter. Plus each lab has different normal ranges.
My dad and his dad both had Thyroid issues overactive and underactie
My dad who is desperately underweight and always has been has an under active thyroid..which makes no sense based on symptoms...he should be piling weight on.

EnglishRose

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »

Pleased to see you back EnglushRose

Take care
Lanzalover x

❤️ Thank you x

Charys

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 03:51:09 PM »

Is it still normal?

No idea. lol I don't do the doctor, unless something feels seriously wrong.

EnglishRose

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 04:18:00 PM »

Is it still normal?

No idea. lol I don't do the doctor, unless something feels seriously wrong.

I did them via medichecks (private) they come to your house.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 04:21:28 PM »

Yes, nice to see you back EnglishRose.
It's all 💩 this meno stuff.
Hang on in there, this place is THE BEST, for helping getting us through it.
No doubt about it, it's second to none!

And I'm with Charys, I know too when my oestrogen drops, it's something I just know.
I also suffer from restless legs sometimes, I take two painkillers, they do help a little.

Take care
Jd 😘

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4