Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mirena and Evorel 100  (Read 1200 times)

Daisybunny

• First Flush
Mirena and Evorel 100
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »

Hello. I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help. I'm 57 and post menopausal. I've tried various types of HRT but bled on most. I recently had a hysteroscopy to investigate the bleeding and they found 2 polyps which they removed. I also had a mirena inserted at the same time and the next day started on Evorel 100 patches. This was 4 weeks ago and I am still bleeding - not huge amounts but still there. I thought using a mirena for HRT coupled with the estrogen patch would stop any bleeding? I can't find any information about it other than it sometimes takes a while to settle if you still have periods, but should there be bleeding at all if you are post menopausal like me?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

helenmelon

Re: Mirena and Evorel 100
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »

Hi Daisybunny, I too have a Mirena and patches and also had a hysteroscopy prior to insertion and HRT due to heavy bleeding.

I was peri when it was inserted but having irregular periods. I had bleeding for about 6 weeks after, not a proper period, just some every day. I mentioned it to my gp at my 6 week check and she said it was normal after having the Mirena put in and it would settle down. It did and I've had no bleeding since apart from a couple of times for a day or so.

Hopefully yours will settle down but maybe mention it to your GP

Hope it works out well for you x

Daisybunny

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »

Helenmelon thank you for posting. That is reassuring and i'll give it another couple of weeks. I am just wondering where the blood is coming from since i've not had periods for years and the polyps are now gone?!

helenmelon

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »

Hi Daisybunny,

I'm not sure, but my doctor said the Mirena can make you bleed because it gets rid of anything that is still there, perhaps you had some lining still there but not enough for a bleed, but once the Mirena was inserted it's just getting rid of that tiny bit.                         .I'm no expert and I'm sure  someone else might know on  here, but I'd give it 2 more weeks then go see your GP if you're worried.

This menopause is a right lark isn't it 🙄