Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Muscle & joint problems ?  (Read 1277 times)

Rubyslippers72

Muscle & joint problems ?
« on: November 28, 2018, 04:04:01 PM »

I have recently had various aches, pains & niggles that I don't usually have ( my GP , unhelpfully told me, this is part of getting older - I am 47 - peri menopausal).  I have strains now & under the care of physiotherapist.
I have noticed lots of differences, especially my skin - very old looking all of a sudden, so I can't help but wonder if the same thing is happening in muscles & joints - lack of collagen perhaps .?
Anyone else found this ?  Have any supplements helped.
Maybe my body is telling me I need to take more care of myself ( I am quite good at recognising the emotional side of this roller coaster that I am on, but these physical hurdles are getting in the way).  Ironically, I think it was over zealous yoga that achieved my new pains.....

Muzza

Re: Muscle & joint problems ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

I feel exactly the same really achey and stiff and feel like my face is falling in
on its self, Im 47 too this getting old malarkey is pants xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »

It's The Change!

:welcomemm:   as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains which should be eased with over the counter medication.  Also, the body may become dry: inside and out: deep in the ears, skin, nostrils, vagina  :o we have threads on that one, scalp, legs ....... 4 me it is insteps, as I take off socks at night and step into my bath, the itching begins.  Not as much as 5/6 years ago but still annoying.  Across my back, I now have pieces of stick all over to grab for a Very Good Scratch!

Overzealous and yoga shouldn't be in the same sentence  ;)

kinola67

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »

yes definitely has been this for me, lots and lots of different aches which are frightening as they could be 'something' or 'just hormones', infact I am waiting for scan for a kidney type pain at the moment...it seems to go on and on, the gp's must dread me getting in touch now! I was low on vit D too, so worth getting that checked out.

Rubyslippers72

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 08:54:28 AM »

Oh, that's interesting.  Thankful I am not on my own - it doesn't seem to be a very publicised symptom, Evan though it makes us feel like old ladies......

Do you just take supplements for the vitamin D - we get this vitamin from sunshine, I think

How long before you started to feel better ?
I have seen a physio, given me some stretches to do, which seem to help
Thanks for your comments ladies.