Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help/advice Please  (Read 923 times)

Jube

Help/advice Please
« on: November 30, 2018, 06:20:57 PM »

I'm 53. I was on elleste duet which suited me fine. Having irregular periods before this. Been on elleste about 3 years. My GP insisted it would be ok to switch to a continuous HRT although I was dubious. Started on kliovance just as bleed from elleste was coming to an end. 10 days later started light bleeding. Spoke to another doctor who said I was 'a bit young to be taking a conti and to go back to elleste. Started taking it again on Monday. Still bleeding. When will it stop? Where's it coming from as there was no time for any build up. It's making me feel really down.
Please help/advise.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help/advice Please
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »

Again, GPs giving conflicting advice!   What does it tell you in the leaflet in the box?  Or put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up.  Make notes  ;)

If elleste duet suited you, what caused the GP to suggest you change?

Your body probably doesn't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite  ::)

Jube

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:10:45 AM »

Leaflet doesn't help

Anyone else please !

Jube

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »

If elleste duet suited you, what caused the GP to suggest you change?

That's what I was wondering too.  ???

Hi Jube,
Why not go back to doc & ask to go back on elleste duet if you liked it.

To get this type of irregular bleeding is quite common when you have changed your HRT so try not to worry too much - it can take up to 6 months to settle down unfortunately.

Hope it improves for you.

EnglishRose

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »

I'm 53. I was on elleste duet which suited me fine. Having irregular periods before this. Been on elleste about 3 years. My GP insisted it would be ok to switch to a continuous HRT although I was dubious. Started on kliovance just as bleed from elleste was coming to an end. 10 days later started light bleeding. Spoke to another doctor who said I was 'a bit young to be taking a conti and to go back to elleste. Started taking it again on Monday. Still bleeding. When will it stop? Where's it coming from as there was no time for any build up. It's making me feel really down.
Please help/advise.

Any changes in HRT starting coming off swapping is likely to cause some bleeding. When will it stop is not something anyone can answer and it's coming from your uterus lining. We all hsve some lining it doesn't vanish even when periods stop for years.
but I would imagine once your back into a stable routine hormone wise again every thing will settle again
Why is it making you feel down? You're worried it's something sinister?
I think the common denominator is the stopping, starting, stopping starting of those two HRTs
It will,settle in time
If your still worried ring your GP I'm sure he/she will say the same thing