Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Feels like clinical depression  (Read 4083 times)

EnglishRose

Feels like clinical depression
« on: November 29, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »

I'm going to see my doctor and discuss going on a new AD
The One I'm taking is old and I'm on a low dose,

I tick all the boxes for depression and somethings off. I was fine on the morning of 1 Oct by the evening and discovering symptoms which lead onto acute anxiety for weeks (the worst and longest) I think I'm now clinically depressed.

No interest in things I used to have
No motivation
Feel hopeless
Anxiety
Crying

Physical symptoms
Restless legs
Lower back ache

I sit in bed tv on but I'm not watching it..hours and hours reading online looking for hope but not finding any, I feel like my life is dead

I know my oestrogen is low in may <18 and FSH 70 meaning I'm close to meno but I'm struggling to see how one day your fine then the next your sick mentally or physically from hormones.

Yes I've had better days even walked the dogs a few days and laughed at tv with partner had sex etc.. but the way I feel today and yesterday doesn't feel hormonal I feel dead inside

I've been on dosulpine 50mg for a decade.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:19:35 PM by Roseenglish »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feels like clinical depression
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »

No one here can diagnose.  You need to see your GP.

EnglishRose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »

No one here can diagnose.  You need to see your GP.

Cheers

EnglishRose

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:39 PM »

there's lots of very old threads on the subject with many women discussing their opinions and experiences including CLKD.
I Was hoping to initiate another, that's all.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »

Most of those threads are after discussion with GPs, therefore sharing experiences. 

EnglishRose

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Most of those threads are after discussion with GPs, therefore sharing experiences.

No offence but this is not your forum and you don't get to dictate who or what people can chat about.
You know enough about my current situation to show a little kindness.
I feel (because of your comments) that I'm not welcome here anymore and this is my only outlet.
Telling someone to “go see your gp” when they're bed ridden anxious depressed is actually very irresponsible. .

EnglishRose

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »

Gone
Thanks

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 07:02:59 PM »

Hello Roseenglish.

I'm sorry that you are suffering and you have every right to expect compassion and understanding from the ladies of this forum so please reconsider your decision. You are welcome here.

Your situation resonates with many of us and  I'm sure that help and support will soon come your way. There is no need to go through this alone.

I hope you decide to continue posting, I only wish that I could do more for you in your time of need.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Conolly

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »

Hello Roseenglish,

I agree with Kathleen. Please reconsider and come back. Many ladies have been where you are now, they will give you the support you deserve.

Conolly X

Charys

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

roseenglish...also happy to talk ! Sorry you encountered such a terribly abrupt, casual and thoughtless response on here,and you even said you were going to the doctor and didn't even ask for a diagnosis from us...I can see that. I'm dreadfully sorry you are as low as you say you are, life must be miserable, but there are many of us here who understand (I'm also on ADs!) You can talk about whatever you like here, and that includes your mental health.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:58:23 PM by Charys »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »

We are not here to offer diagnosis.  The Forum is about sharing experiences and offering advice, which is why - having followed her various threads in recent days, I suggested that initially she should speak to her GP.

I suggest that you read her recent threads and note that there is a common theme. 

Charys

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »

She wasn't asking for a diagnosis, she simply was describing her depression and saying what it 'feels like'. She IS seeing the GP. It was her feelings and her own opinion.

Charys

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »

Here is one of her last posts. I see a 'pattern' yes, of someone who is incredibly low and desperate.

Bad day.
Just want to vent

Can physical and mental symptoms of menopause or oestrogen deficiency occur all at once? Like when Oestrogen hits rock bottom and all hell breaks loose

Been getting better over these three weeks. Now I'm in a mess. All was well till 5pm.

I've had no sex drive or sexual urges below since I started HRT 3 weeks ago and my confidence has been growing with every day. Bc the whole sex drive sex urge the literal *need* for sex was terrifying.

I felt I was due to start my period when I started Oestrogel. Instead of waiting I started oestrogel.
It's been 3 weeks ish since I started Oestrogen still applying 300mg cyclogest (Progesterone) daily as I reduced to come off it.

My boobs have grown bigger each day I'm now getting spots appetite increased last couple of days and the dreaded sex drive is back,(I used to get a little horny before my period but not like this!)
I begged for sex then cried after for feeling so ashamed for being like that. He said “later” and I demanded it! That's not me...I hate feeling like a hostage to my vagina..I don't know who I am anymore.,he must be wondering the same thing.

I feel like I'm due to start period after missing it when I first started.
I'm terrified the physical urges will return again..and if they do does that mean oestrogen is causing it (?)

My back (sciatica) and restless legs have kicked in BIG TIME as I lie in bed..crying....I can't lie flat on my back due to sciatica and my legs are hurting and restless. It's strange in the sense both start out of no where then go away... is it possible that's bc of hormone fluctuations?

I've read a link that oestrogen softens ligaments causing back pain.. like in pregnancy. Can't win! Both of the above ststted when I had my melt down 7 weeks ago..that drove me to HRT

I tried to increase my Oestrogel again after failing a week ago
From 2 pumps to 2 and a 1/2    (3 pumps made me feel jittery)
The back and leg pain started after I applied 1/2 pump tonight. Plus I feel tight chested and jittery like I did when I upped to 3 pumps.
 I rubbed it on the inside of my arm....not sure why as I normally apply to the inside of thighs.
Wonder if applying it to my vein has made me absorb it too fast.

I feel wide awake despite it being 12. Insomnia is likely. Had to turn off heating I was hot, palpitations. All things that happen before my period.

Hurting physically and pain killers don't work

Charys

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 09:20:07 PM »

Hi.

I've been in peri for 10 years and it was bad when it first appeared but settled into familiar symptoms.
I'm now almost 50 and having a bad time 7 weeks in pjs after a major melt down about health anxiety. I still believe if the physical symptoms went I'd be fine no need for HRT.

I've read that peri gets worse the year before the menopause occurs.. is that true?

And here is another one!

Charys

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »

Hi

I started Oestrogel on the 7th Nov.
1 pump for a few days then 2 pumps then about 4 days ago went to 3 pumps.
The last 3 days I've noticed my sleep is lighter, I'm always jigging my leg (bouncing leg or tapping foot when sat down) my boobs have been huge and sore since I started it, last night I snapped at my hubby and apologied, ( I'm not an angry person ) then bad sleep last night and woke up starving hungry and I feel jittery, physically. Tight chest, feeling like I need to take deep breaths ... full of nervous energy AND just had hot flash... I'm short tempered, snappy, not happy.
I thought I was okay as no symptoms so thought I was going to get along with Oestrogel even at 2 pumps.. but seems 3 is too much for me.

Plus I've been using Vagifem loading dose and more recently the cream version for the last 3 nights ( I know I'm meant to onky use twice a week after loading dose) I'll not use anymore for 3 nights.

Thing is, I don't know if this is my own oestrogen leading to a period and pushing the HRT into causing symptoms.
I hsve not started the progesterone yet as I'm using Cyclogest on a reducing dose every day.

Either way I'm going back to 2 pumps, just hope 2 pumps are enough and I hope this nervous physical jitters passes soon. I've already applied two pumps today ..

It says 2 pumps is the standard dose but the bottle said 2 to 3 so thought I'd try 3. I felt like this at the begging of using when I increased to 2 pumps but was on the same day I'd increased and it passed after 5 hours. I tried to increase to 2 pumps a week later and was fine, so perhaps I'll try again in a week, (?)

Anyone got any experience or advise.?

Much appreciated
And another !
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:22:49 PM by Charys »
Pages: [1] 2 3