Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie saying hello  (Read 1080 times)

Artyone

Newbie saying hello
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:48:28 PM »

Hello,
New here, been reading a lot of posts and lots of things familiar buts lots to learn too. I had a bilateral salpingo oophorectomy in July as had cysts on both ovaries. Think I maybe had symptoms from about a year before this, in particular was getting a lot of health anxiety. Op went fine but I didn't receive much advice afterwards as I thought I might. Went to GP to see about HRT as gynaecologist recommended it to prevent osteoporosis. Started on Elleste duet 1mg  but felt was still getting anxiety issues, sleep problems, palpitations so it was upped to 2mg and have been on that for 6 wks. Had been ok but getting a lot of muscle aches in arms, neck and shoulders mostly. Lately also been getting some chest discomfort and mild jaw ache and headaches and my mind makes me think heart attack! Also a bit of indigestion. I know it's probably anxiety related but hard to stop thinking of serious issues. Anyone else get these kind of symptoms on Elleste duet 2mg? Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:06:00 PM by Artyone »

jaypo

Re: Newbie saying hello
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »

Hi artyone,just saying hello,I'm not on any hrt or treatment as such but we all know of the health anxiety 🤨 I've just come through a bad spell of it & it's awful,anyway,I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out,many many experiences of pretty much everything on this site 😊

Artyone

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »

Hello jaypo😀
Sorry to hear you've been suffering it too, it's scary stuff. Thank you for the welcome, finding this site has been so helpful and it's lovely to have so much help and care 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »

:welcomemm:

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, deep in the ears, vagina, nostrils .... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have you tried an over-the-counter pain relief?

Artyone

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:28:09 PM »

Hi CLKD,
I've used ibuprofen in tablets and gel, the gel especially on my neck and it does help. Also going to an osteopath that I've been to before hoping she can help. Could muscle ache explain the chest discomfort do you think? It's usually on the left and/or the centre which is why it makes me worry about heart. The jaw ache feels like my cheeks which is weird too. Thanks for reply 😀

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »

Sounds like me when I have indigestion  :D and of course, 'heart attack' jumps to mind  :-\ but it's usually in the early hours.  Pain under my chin and mouth, in-between my breast bone but no radiating pain down the arms. When DH rubs my back we can hear/feel the wind moving  :D.  I can't burp to order ....... I take an antacid at once to ease symptoms.

Has your osteopath taken recent X-rays, advisable B4 anyone pulls you about!  Also as we age we get more achey  :(.  If the gel helps it's unlikely to be heart related but if you are worried, have a chat with your Practice Nurse?

Artyone

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »

Thanks CKLD, I know it's probably not heart related but as you say early hours thoughts ate the worst! I will try and speak to someone soon

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

Many of us have had multiple checks on our hearts because of chest pains/aches. I've had 3 EKGs, a 48 hour monitor, blood test and stress test. My heart is great by the way. But those palpitations, aches, pains etc can be scary when they haven't happened before and the anxiety so many of us get goes along with it. I'm sorry you are dealing with all that. It never hurts to have the heart checked out, just in case, but it most likely is the change causing all your symptoms.

Artyone

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »

Thanks bluebutterfly😀

Artyone

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 09:03:52 PM »

Thanks sparkle, I try not to take ibuprofen unless I need to and haven't had a lot so hopefully not that. Am feeling a bit better this evening and chatting to everyone has definitely helped 😀

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »

I chew Rennies when necessary and it has sorted symptoms.  But in the early hours  :-\

Artyone

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 09:38:48 PM »

Hoping that tonight I'll sleep better!