Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Doubting HRT is helping I feel worse recently. 😢  (Read 3283 times)

EnglishRose

Doubting HRT is helping I feel worse recently. 😢
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:06:16 PM »

I'm sorry I'm double posting bits of info because no one replied to my other posts yet and I'm concerned (sorry)

I'll bullet point

I feel I'm due to start period have PMs symptoms. Been crying anxious and depressed today and day before last. Increased appetite, spots, huge sore boobs sleep disturbances (my pms flavours)
My weird hypersensitive shivery spine buttocks and legs are terrible today it's like when my mood is low these new symptoms are worse which I guess means these new symptoms are linked to hormonal fluctuations
I feel so bad physically and mentally today.
Not had period since started Oestrogel 7 Nov. Last period 11 Oct. I'm long overdue,

Started with Vagifem 4 weeks ago
Decide to alternate with Estriol to reach the outside too a week ago.
Estriol makes me ache initially but today stinging and making me wanting to pee (never had that before)

Been examined yesterday by gynaecologist whose told me I have sensitive area to front wall of vagina where bladder is. Says I tick all the boxes for IC
Never had UTI or cystitis before.

Questions

Is it possible estriol is irritating me? I don't recall Vagifem giving me this much problem. Certainly no increased peeing. Just drank tall Glass water had to pee 4 times in an hour,, but I've had increased peeing before period before but not with the stinging I'm getting internally when I go.

Is it possible HRT is irritating my VA in the sense that the discomfort is part of the heaing?

I'm so worried oestrogel is making my physical symptoms worse. I'd feel so much better if I started my period but no clue if that's actually going to happen since starting Oestrogel

I'm up and down from 2 pumps to 3 then back to 2 then back up to 2 and half pumps..I know that's not good it's just the symptoms are all over the place this week I'm trying to find stability.

I'm worried it's all making my symptoms worse not better and I'm so sick alresdy with the physical symptoms.

Sorry in advance

Taz2

Re: Doubting HRT is helping I feel worse recently. 😢
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »

The stinging could be due to your examination yesterday?

Taz x

EnglishRose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »

I know for a fact that we all react very differently to the hormones for atrophy. If you get on with Vagifem, use it. Today I used a Vagifem pessarie because I am out of Estriol cream and tonight my V is stinging and burning for the first time in weeks. So I know Vagifem hates me. Estriol makes me feel better.
You are obviously the opposite.
And I think you are anxious (like I am) because your HRT isn't right yet.
X

I know I hate my anxiety... it's making me soooo unhappy. I wasn't like this before everything started hurting
I think your right, the answer is staring me in the face.
Vagifem works for me the cream doesn't
Thank you x

EnglishRose

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 12:10:48 AM »

The stinging could be due to your examination yesterday?

Taz x

Well he only used a finger was not prodding about inside but outside he was rough
I'm wondering if my period has made that spot tender hence him noticing it and me now stinging there.
I've had bouts of peeing more before a period... just not sure if I'm actually going to have a period...feel like it but doesn't mean much.
Thank you x

EnglishRose

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 01:00:54 AM »

If it's any consolation my anxiety is ruining my life. I can't sleep. My poor mum is 88 and has LS and found out she had it at the same time she discovered she had pre cancerous cells. She had no symptoms. Everywhere I read I see people talking about LS itching and burning and how it looks. She had none of it.
LS can become cancerous if left untreated. But how do you know if there are no signs? It is hereditary so I have an increased risk. She's had brutal surgery and is always in pain.
Tonight I am in bits. I am always in bits these days x

I'm in bits too. This is the first time my pain has kept me awake ... I thought 2 nights ago I was going to be up all night but then the restless legs aching back faded away.
It's very hard not to get anxious when you're doing the right thing but feel it's not working or getting worse.
Just got in bath to wash what I could off (just water) but it's inside me now..
All,I can do is lie here and hope the pain passes. I've noticed I'm gripping my teeth.
Miserable

Ill go look st your posts see if I'm can catch up.

If you ever want to really talk..pm me and we can swap tel numbers

Xxx

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 07:01:18 AM »

I'm sorry I'm double posting bits of info because no one replied to my other posts yet and I'm concerned (sorry)

I'll bullet point

I feel I'm due to start period have PMs symptoms. Been crying anxious and depressed today and day before last. Increased appetite, spots, huge sore boobs sleep disturbances (my pms flavours)
My weird hypersensitive shivery spine buttocks and legs are terrible today it's like when my mood is low these new symptoms are worse which I guess means these new symptoms are linked to hormonal fluctuations
Not had period since started Oestrogel 7 Nov. Last period 11 Oct. I'm long overdue,

Estriol makes me ache initially but today stinging and making me wanting to pee (never had that before)

Been examined yesterday by gynaecologist whose told me I have sensitive area to front wall of vagina where bladder is. Says I tick all the boxes for IC

Questions

Is it possible estriol is irritating me? I don't recall Vagifem giving me this much problem. Certainly no increased peeing. Just drank tall Glass water had to pee 4 times in an hour,, but I've had increased peeing before period before but not with the stinging I'm getting internally when I go.

Is it possible HRT is irritating my VA in the sense that the discomfort is part of the heaing?

I'm so worried oestrogel is making my physical symptoms worse. I'd feel so much better if I started my period but no clue if that's actually going to happen since starting Oestrogel

I'm up and down from 2 pumps to 3 then back to 2 then back up to 2 and half pumps..I know that's not good it's just the symptoms are all over the place this week I'm trying to find stability.

I'm worried it's all making my symptoms worse not better and I'm so sick alresdy with the physical symptoms.

Sorry in advance
Estriol irritated me badly. I was peeing frequently all night and producing a lot each visit to the bathroom. At first I thought I had a uti but I now know that this is a side effect. I switched to Vagifem which is working better so far.

EnglishRose

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »

I'll bullet point

Questions

Sorry in advance
Estriol irritated me badly. I was peeing frequently all night and producing a lot each visit to the bathroom. At first I thought I had a uti but I now know that this is a side effect. I switched to Vagifem which is working better so far.

Thanks that was the fourth and last time I'll use it. I've had aches deep deep aches with it but not the burning and peeing sensations.

I was up till 3am peeing drips every 15 mins bc I felt like I needed to go...I was terrified bc I've never had that in my life much, and after a gyro the previous day told me I tick all the boxes for IC i thought that's what it was and it had presented itself in full flare for first time... I thought I would never sleep again...

I managed to stop the external burning by having a shallow bath but it irritated the urethra badly
Never again back to vagifem

EnglishRose

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »

Still awake. This is the second week of having two hours sleep. Tonight's I slept for 50 minutes. I don't know what to do. I have to work too. My brain will not switch off

Omg Birdy
Are you not on HRT ?

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 07:00:14 PM »

Looks like she has gone Birdy.

Her name is still blue but her profile looks wrong. Her depression thread has been locked also.

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 07:39:22 PM »

Haha.  ;)

NorthArm

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 12:00:04 AM »

Hi EnglishRose

I'm glad you're back - I didn't see the other thread until you'd gone xx

Even on hrt, your own cycle can punch in through, especially in peri. And as you're reducing the cyclogest at the same time you're starting the oestrogel, it will be even more likely for you as your hormones will be roiling about a bit. Think of it like the worst pmt, on steroids! I got like this too when I swapped from one hrt (that sent me bonkers) to another hrt (felt like that one gave me dementia) - it was horrid 😞😞.

The thing with any hrt, is that it will need some time - around 3-6 months to settle. And as you're still reducing the cyclogest, you might need to ‘batten down the hatches' as it were and try to tell yourself during this turbulent time, that it will settle eventually. It sounds trite, but have you ringed a date on the calendar for your last cyclogest on the reduction regime you have yourself on? You might find it helps if you can cross off a date each morning when you get up, to know that you're that much closer to finishing xx

With the oestrogel, I'm thinking that it might be good for you to stick to two pumps for now, one in the morning and one approximately 12 hours later? Hopefully that way (if you're not already doing it) it might be a more stable delivery without peaks and troughs. Or maybe ask your gp for 50mcg Estradot patches to use instead (small and stick well) if splitting the dose isn't working, as the patch gives a steadier delivery. And stay on just two pumps until you're completely off cyclogest - if you keep raising and lowering the amount of pumps it will make this changeover period that much more turbulent for you.

And as for your flower (love that 😁), stick to vagifem if you tolerate it better - you're suffering enough without that as an issue too xx.

This can be such a brutal time for us ladies - please try to be kind to yourself. Are you taking a good vitamin B, as well as iron? Low in these and your mood can definitely be detrimentally affected.

I also found writing a ‘to do' list every morning helpful, you don't have to do it in order, and start off with three or four things, including showering, dressing, breakfast. And if you do more, such as your photos for your business, you can add them as you do them...eg Edwardian, brilliant cut (I'm not sure how they're catalogued, so you can laugh at my ignorance if you like 😂), etc. it might not make you ‘feel' better per se, but when you look at it the next morning you will see that you're not being ‘lazy', ‘useless' and all the other words that you've used to describe yourself - you are in fact getting things done xx

And as for your anti depressant question, can you up the dose of the one you're already on? Just to get you through the next couple of months? If you change to a different one in the midst of this, you may find things even worse.  You can always taper off later once your hormones start coming back into more of a balance, say after a good six month settling in period?

I know you're struggling, as are we all - it has been a god awful 18months for me so far, but recently I've begun to see some sort of a glimmer at the end of the tunnel....

I really feel for you, and am really glad you're back xx

EnglishRose

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 12:04:33 AM »

But is that a rose by another name I see?  ;)

❤️

EnglishRose

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM »

Hi EnglishRose

I'm glad you're back - I didn't see the other thread until you'd gone xx

Even on hrt, your own cycle can punch in through, especially in peri. And as you're reducing the cyclogest at the same time you're starting the oestrogel, it will be even more likely for you as your hormones will be roiling about a bit. Think of it like the worst pmt, on steroids! I got like this too when I swapped from one hrt (that sent me bonkers) to another hrt (felt like that one gave me dementia) - it was horrid 😞😞.

The thing with any hrt, is that it will need some time - around 3-6 months to settle. And as you're still reducing the cyclogest, you might need to ‘batten down the hatches' as it were and try to tell yourself during this turbulent time, that it will settle eventually. It sounds trite, but have you ringed a date on the calendar for your last cyclogest on the reduction regime you have yourself on? You might find it helps if you can cross off a date each morning when you get up, to know that you're that much closer to finishing xx

With the oestrogel, I'm thinking that it might be good for you to stick to two pumps for now, one in the morning and one approximately 12 hours later? Hopefully that way (if you're not already doing it) it might be a more stable delivery without peaks and troughs. Or maybe ask your gp for 50mcg Estradot patches to use instead (small and stick well) if splitting the dose isn't working, as the patch gives a steadier delivery. And stay on just two pumps until you're completely off cyclogest - if you keep raising and lowering the amount of pumps it will make this changeover period that much more turbulent for you.

And as for your flower (love that 😁), stick to vagifem if you tolerate it better - you're suffering enough without that as an issue too xx.

This can be such a brutal time for us ladies - please try to be kind to yourself. Are you taking a good vitamin B, as well as iron? Low in these and your mood can definitely be detrimentally affected.

I also found writing a ‘to do' list every morning helpful, you don't have to do it in order, and start off with three or four things, including showering, dressing, breakfast. And if you do more, such as your photos for your business, you can add them as you do them...eg Edwardian, brilliant cut (I'm not sure how they're catalogued, so you can laugh at my ignorance if you like 😂), etc. it might not make you ‘feel' better per se, but when you look at it the next morning you will see that you're not being ‘lazy', ‘useless' and all the other words that you've used to describe yourself - you are in fact getting things done xx

And as for your anti depressant question, can you up the dose of the one you're already on? Just to get you through the next couple of months? If you change to a different one in the midst of this, you may find things even worse.  You can always taper off later once your hormones start coming back into more of a balance, say after a good six month settling in period?

I know you're struggling, as are we all - it has been a god awful 18months for me so far, but recently I've begun to see some sort of a glimmer at the end of the tunnel....

I really feel for you, and am really glad you're back xx

Thank you so much ❤️

I emailed the prescribing doctor and like you she said to stick to 2 pumps and it's too soon to decide anything. I kind of knew that but always good to get it confirmed.

I've never in my life feel so out of control with dark moods. I do have better days but I'm all over the place.
It's the hardest thing I've ever gone through. You just need to know it will pass one day, I think most women say
“I want the old me bsck”
It's horrible. The physical and mental brutality of it. My sister in law went through months were,her parents had to come and take the kids off her  bc she literally couldn't care for them and she was a devoted mum.
I can now relate.

The list sounds like a good idea.

My problem is my shivery Hypersensitive back buttocks and legs makes me not want to move. It's been regular and occurring at the same time for a few hours each dsy but the last 3 days it's bothering me more often at various times and durations.
I'm afraid of it, it scares me. So I lie in bed not moving but it's getting me in bed ow too.
I'm pretty sure what ever it is is linked to hormonal fluctuations as my mood drops when it kicks in.

I wish I knew it was hormonal for sure it would put my mind at rest.

Thank you again... I'm a lonely anxious depressed mess. I hope one day thid all seems like a distant nightmare x

EnglishRose

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 12:20:11 AM »

So happy to see you.  :D

Thanks Birdy XX same to you too.