Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Counter Presentation Programme to Truth About Menopause by Dr Louise Newson  (Read 2398 times)

SueLW

As many of you felt short-changed by last night's programme, you might well find this presentation by Dr Louise Newson (and the follow on presentation too) more helpful and informative.

Dr Newson's team posted this on her Facebook page today in response to last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYWgf_H11GE&feature=youtu.be&t=62

Ladybt28

Ace - watching it now! - (should be working) am going to a conference in Birmingham tomorrow for 2 days but concentration poor today - no doubt panic will set in tomorrow because I wont be ready  :-\

Perinowpost

Just watched it, it was excellent

Hurdity

Oh thanks SueLW must watch that later (having just finished my rant on the other thread!) Hopefully she covers some of the points we've all raised?

Hurdity x

Ladybt28

Now your talking - thought Louise Newsom was great and loved the idea by the lady who said "if men weren't involved we could put it in the water" (saving the NHS millions).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:thankyou:

OH! it cut off  >:(
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:19:05 PM by CLKD »

Katejo

As many of you felt short-changed by last night's programme, you might well find this presentation by Dr Louise Newson (and the follow on presentation too) more helpful and informative.

Dr Newson's team posted this on her Facebook page today in response to last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYWgf_H11GE&feature=youtu.be&t=62
   Thanks. Can't watch it now due to being at work but will later this week.

SueLW

Oh thanks SueLW must watch that later (having just finished my rant on the other thread!) Hopefully she covers some of the points we've all raised?

She certainly covers a lot more symptoms.  Just remember this was a talk specifically to a bunch of medics at a cancer conference so not the same as trying to teach to everyone at once like a TV programme.

Ladybt28

yer - but she said there were 39 million menopausal women in the UK!! bet plenty of them would know what she was talking about.  I think there are about 40K members posting on here?  Its not the point, this should be compulsory viewing for every GP's practice - it was hardly very long and certainly answered the usual questions about breast cancer, and the long list of unrecognised symptoms that should indicate menopause rather than something else just for starters.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Nope.  If you look through the Members List not many actually have ever posted and some left.  Others post intermittently  :-\

I would like the List to be cut to those who are active.  Another meander  ::)

Hurdity

Re: Counter Presentation Programme to Truth About Menopause by Dr Louise Newson
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »

I just viewed the presentation by Louise Newson in the first 15 mins of the link and althought it was good she didn't actually deal with the points (in her talk) about the fact that the first woman was concerned about breast cancer due to potential close family genetic risk, and the other one had had breast cancer herself. I presume these points were covered elsewhere in the conference but out of context if I was a woman who fit either of these scenarios I would have wondered....

Hurdity x

SueLW

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »

It was just a small section of a much longer conference about cancer.  I posted it to show how a doctor who understands menopause and it's treatment can see beyond what our usual GP's see.  I didn't post it for cancer patients.  I'm pretty sure that first woman could have presented to the average GP and come away with nothing helpful at all.  Remember she didn't go to talk about menopause at all.  She'd gone to talk about something else and was a little brusque at first when Louise started pursing the menopause side of things.

VR46

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »

I've just watched it from Dr Newsons website and the other 2 speakers with her were equally fascinating. I was impressed by the male oncologist who talked about oral HRT and the risks in all forms - worth watching

Robin

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 01:19:15 PM »

I thought so too VR46. Definitely worth watching