Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bravo Mariella  (Read 7260 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bravo Mariella
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 05:28:30 PM »

It does, kind of  ;D

I had breast cancer.  I have been underweight until 2001.  I was born light: 3lb 4 oz : my periods began when I was almost 12.  Heavy. Clotting.  Painful beyond words  :'( B4 I went on The Pill.  So I was never a 'candidate' for breast disease.   So I don't correlate to any statistics  ::)

JM wasn't the best person to interview.  There is no way of finding out if the 9 who took HRT had breast disease due to taking it.  We haven't been told their full medical histories so she will continue to peddle those 'facts' which may well put ladies off even considering HRT leaving them to suffer.

Nor where the risks of Cohash made much of.  I understood that it should be used for no more than 12 months at a time. 

So it's in the open. What next  ;D - wave "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" at No 10 .......... would make a change from Brexit  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 05:30:56 PM »

Yeah c'mon Mrs May,tell us your thoughts 😊

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »

Perhaps whilst she doing her UK rounds, England today, Ireland this evening? one should approach her with 'what does the word menopause mean to you?'  ;)

As an aside, I did write to an MP years ago (? 1970/80s ) about sanitary towels on the NHS but his wife wrote back that the NHS was already short of money so I should look round for cheap/discounted products  >:(.  He was the one that looked like a blood hound ......... oh, Clement Fraud can you see that I had a 'moment' there  ???.  So no sympthathy from her, don't think the letter actually reached Clement.  Hopefully we might have moved on and maybe, in the New Year we should approach the Health Secretary - expect there will be an Election so we might get someone who actually knows about menopause?  Whoops, bit of a meander. 

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 05:42:30 PM »

I had a flash back a few moments ago.  In the mid-1970s I had 5 weeks of HRT - have no idea what it was and can't remember how it was delivered, I think by patches.  It was to improve sex drive but as it wasn't working, I stopped taking it.  Wonder if that was enough 'risk' for me to develop breast disease in the 1990s?  We'll never know ......... I had been married 17 months when my sex drive disappeared.  I knew it was hormonal because in the few days prior to a period, I would want it and want it now  :-X.  Then it would go after the bleed stopped.

Meandering a bit ..........

Kathleen

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 06:10:34 PM »

Hello Ladybt28.

I am liking your style!  I'd love some of the male medics I've encountered to be forced to have some hot flushes. One told me they were no big deal  'as it was just a bit of sweating ‘. How about arranging for them to be woken up several times every night as well.

Take care ladies.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »

I had a flash back a few moments ago.  In the mid-1970s I had 5 weeks of HRT - have no idea what it was and can't remember how it was delivered, I think by patches.  It was to improve sex drive but as it wasn't working, I stopped taking it.  Wonder if that was enough 'risk' for me to develop breast disease in the 1990s?  We'll never know ......... I had been married 17 months when my sex drive disappeared.  I knew it was hormonal because in the few days prior to a period, I would want it and want it now  :-X.  Then it would go after the bleed stopped.
Think we would go mad if we dwelt on the maybes & what ifs,you've had your fair share of illness clkd,you're an inspiration to others 🙂

Meandering a bit ..........

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 06:56:26 PM »

Tnx.  It doesn't really cross my mind until these types of issues pop up.  Can't alter my medical history so will stop meandering  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 07:16:27 PM »

I had a thought - you see when they injected the women who wasn't menopausal in her 30's with the protein/chemical that is supposed to cause the flushes and it brought them on - what about injecting some male doctors with it and see what they have to say!

I have to say that my posts are a little spikey today!!   >:( :-X :lol:

I want a 'like' button for this  :)

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »

Haha sorry, I got my quote mixed up,you do know it wasn't me that said you were meandering,for some reason my reply to you is in the middle of yours🤣 it's the menopause ok?its great you can blame it for everything 😆
You seem a nice lady clkd & you've helped me tremendously xx

Maryjane

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »

CLKD  :lol: the BBC has received my email and many other ladies from my VA group.

My email has definitely made the word vagina come out of the closet 🤗 I have suggested I send them one and I'm more than happy to talk about My Menopausal Vagina. 👻

Ladybt28

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »

:) ;D :o what send them a vagina?.. whos'?... when?... how?  Sorry Maryjane... shouldn't be facitious...lol.  I think a program about your book would be spectacular with Jenny Éclair as the presenter!

Conolly

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »

:rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 07:43:22 PM »

:rofl:  we need to keep a sense of humour.

What we need is Sir Jimmy Young - way back on Radio2 he opened up discussions about various topics and was always balanced.  "What's the recipe today, Jim?" as well as having Ben Fogle's Dad as the monthly Vet., a regular homeopathy slot - I can't imagine Jeremy Vine being a sympathetic ear as he NEVER listens but Sir Jim would have been the Man ;-).

Do you envisage your own Programme Maryjane, with a question and answer opportunity? 

Maryjane

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »

Oh gosh no CLKD no one wants an unfamous face, but I will try and make a noise if I can.

But I'm simply not phased talking about the subject at all. 🤗

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »

It will take about 10 mins. 4 U to become famous  ;) 'cos we'll be ringing in to welcome and encourage you  8)

Maybe send Mirella Frostrup a copy of your book as starters? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4