Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogel and what progesterone?  (Read 743 times)

Jenlou

Estrogel and what progesterone?
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:52 PM »

Hello

I am wondering if someone would be able to give me some advice about my options for progesterone.

I had my ovaries removed last year at 42.  After trying lots of different types of HRT (femoston 1/10 and 2/10, patches) and issues with blood pressure it turns out I am fairly sensitive to too much estrogen.  In August the consultant at the hospital put me on estrogel pump.  I started on 2 pumps but it was too much but I seem to be tolerating 1 pump.  So far so good.  My problem is that as I still have a uterus I have to have the progesterone somehow.  I was originally prescribed tablets but have decided to try the mirena coil.  I have had it for three weeks but I can feel the strings and my mood is terrible.

I wondered if there was a tablet I can take for a few days a month to make me bleed and not let my lining build up too much.  I'm on such a low dose anyway it shouldn't be too bad. 

I think I am in denial about the whole thing really but I know that when I am not taking anything I have issues with my heart.  I have been on the estrogel since sept so I am hoping that that bit is working.  It took my docs surgery a long time to give me the appointment for the mirena fitting.

Hope I have made some sense  :-\ :-\ and thank you for taking the time to read.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estrogel and what progesterone?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:03:31 PM »

I'm sure someone will be along with advice.  HRT can be a mine field!

Conolly

Re: Estrogel and what progesterone?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »

Hello Jenlou,

You can try either oral or vaginal micronized progesterone (body-identical Utrogestan, Prometrium). There are many threads on this subject, just type Utrogestan in the search box at the top of the forum page. It's not an easy task to cope with some side effects, but everyone is different.

Conolly X