Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Radio-Frequency Endometrial Ablation  (Read 844 times)

purpleflower78

Radio-Frequency Endometrial Ablation
« on: November 11, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »

Hello everyone, I have seen a consultant today and subject to results of a biopsy which she took, have been recommended for a radio-frequency endometrial ablation.  I have been bleeding continuously since 13th August and a scan on 4th October showed the endometrial thickness to be 24mm.  She did say that it might not be possible to carry out the ablation and if this was the case a mirena coil would be the option (I am having a general anesthetic so assume this would be done at the same time if the ablation was not done).

The waiting time for an initial appointment on the NHS was 10 weeks so I am self funding at a private clinic.  If all okay to go ahead with the ablation this should take place sometime this month.

Am wondering has anyone else had this treatment and was it succeessful?  I am told that 50% of the time it stops bleeding completely.

jaypo

Re: Radio-Frequency Endometrial Ablation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »

Hi there,yes, I had it done many years ago but it only helped for a short while BUT only because I had big fibroids so I'm not dissing it in any way because I know people it has worked for.
I didn't suffer any discomfort and couldn't wait for my tea and toast 😊 good luck

purpleflower78

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »

Thanks jaypo, I'm sorry it didn't work for you but it's good to hear that you know people who have had success with it!  Still waiting for my biopsy results so no date yet for procedure.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »

I always say if you've a long wait for results it's not too serious,let us know,keep posting and pop anything into the search engine on the forum,you'll find women here who've had successful ablations