Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Symptoms returning any advice would be welcome  (Read 863 times)

Crafty Kaz

Symptoms returning any advice would be welcome
« on: November 25, 2018, 02:49:29 PM »

Hi ladies
I've been doing pretty well on evorel 50 & 12 days of utrogestan during my perimenopause for the last 6 months but the last week or so I seem to hit a brick wall! Returning nightsweats anxiety & insomnia dryness etc & feel that I need to up my patch to maybe 75 but my withdrawal bleeds have been fairly heavy but only last 3 to 4 days, so a bit worried that increasing my dose will make the bleeds even heavier. Could it be my own estrogen has just dropped a bit more I wonder as I'm getting closer to the menopause or is it just fluctuations that will pass I wonder? Should I risk upping the dose & see how I feel? Can't get an appointment with my doc until the middle of next month & desperately want to feel better with the festive period on its way. This rollercoaster ride is blinkin awful & I want to get off! Any advice would be so welcome from you lovely lot.

Much love Kaz xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms returning any advice would be welcome
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »

Are U using anything for the dryness?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »

The joys of the peri rollercoaster! When your own levels are up and down it's hard to know what to do for the best. It could be your oestrogen levels are dropping but equally it could just be a non-ovulating cycle, only time will tell. I have the same problem with utro, sometimes feel OK, sometimes so fatigued when my own production is high. I'm on oestrogel so if I feel symptoms returning I can increase it just for that cycle.

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:31:33 PM »

Thanks Sheila
That makes sense, think I may add half an extra patch this cycle & see how it goes! I do believe my own cycle came into play this month so maybe I'm all progesteroned out lol ... hoping my ovaries give up the ghost soon it would be so much easier!

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 05:36:36 PM »

Hi CLKD
I'm not using anything for dryness yet as it's not usually a problem I just seem to be having a bit of an estrogen dip but I'm prepared if it carries on.