Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does peri menopause ramp up just before menopause happens?  (Read 3894 times)

Karen max

Re: Does peri menopause ramp up just before menopause happens?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »

It's been same for me post meno was awful lasted 6/7 yrs then 4 yrs ago periods stopped and symptoms became worse , anxiety panic attacks dry skin acne list is endless and I feel awful ..
I thought once periods stopped after few years I would feel better instead of worse ..

How much longer does this continue? I guess how long is price of string !!!

Kaz

elsie001

Re: Does peri menopause ramp up just before menopause happens?
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »

Englishrose, I've had the mirena coil for 3.5 years and periods had stopped a few months after having it fitted.....until just before Menopause when they started again.  I do wonder if this was some kind of last gasp from my ovaries or something!

Also, insomnia and anxiety levels suddenly ramped up and I would get upset over trivial things. Flushes - I was fortunate that this symptom wasn't a problem for me until about 5 months before menopause.

Not sure what the numbers were for my oestrogen levels were but my gp said they indicated that I was menopausal.

I was put on Elleste Solo 1mg which stopped my flushes instantly and my mood immediately felt better. Seem to be sleeping a bit better too. During peri, I would go whole nights without sleep which was a nightmare!

Despite having the coil, I didn't need extra oestrogen during peri.
Pages: 1 [2]