Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: vagifem so confused  (Read 1192 times)

Grace

• First Flush
vagifem so confused
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »

I would really appreciate some advice. I have to take vagifem daily and my doctor and gyny have both said that any more than every other day I would need to take micronised progesterone . I really don't want to take any more than I have to . Any ladies on daily doses that don't take progesterone ? I am going to say that I will take it just so I can have the daily vagifem but may decide not to as they will not know.

Annie0710

Re: vagifem so confused
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

I've never heard of having to use progesterone if you use Vagifem or Ovestin daily, the dose is so tiny x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Grace- your doctors are bonkers and don't know what they are talking about. Let them give you the progesterone if they really want and just don't use it. You may find that Vagifem every other day might be enough in time once things have settled. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »

The "old" dose of vagifem (25 mcg twice weekly) was not much less than daily 10 mcg vagifem and progesterone was not prescribed for this. Also there is the Estring which delivers estradiol continuously to the uterus at approx the same level as 25 mcg vagifem twice a week so you might want to consider that instead - as this is a licensed product anyway.

As always any abnormal bleeding should be reported to your doc - nothing to do with the Vagifem! Your docs are clearly not up to date....

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »

Your doctors are talking  :-X

What does it say on the leaflet in side the packet?  Maybe speak to an independent Pharmacist, one not attached to the Surgery - with us, it's Lloyds  -  and ask him/her to investigate your GPs suggestion.  Then let us know ;-)

At Ease.  Carry on.  Use nightly if necessary!

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »

Drs  should know about these things. I know GP stands for 'general' and they can't know everything, but like us women they could do some research?

❤️❤️Ssx

Grace

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 08:20:35 PM »

Thank you all for your replies. I am going to accept the progesterone perscription and not use it . This way I can continue with the Vagifem and we will all be happy. This forum really is the best ! Many thanks !!!

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »

If you have a read of the NICE guidelines it says not to prescribe progestogen with vaginal oestrogen (in case you need further reassurance).

EnglishRose

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 10:14:30 PM »

I would really appreciate some advice. I have to take vagifem daily and my doctor and gyny have both said that any more than every other day I would need to take micronised progesterone . I really don't want to take any more than I have to . Any ladies on daily doses that don't take progesterone ? I am going to say that I will take it just so I can have the daily vagifem but may decide not to as they will not know.

They're probably reading the leaflet that comes with Vagifem which is actually the same template used in regular HRT so it's not applicable
A years worth of Vagifem equates to just two full HRT Tablets