Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10  (Read 878 times)

jancis

Femoston 1/10
« on: November 21, 2018, 05:35:12 PM »

Hi Ladies, its been a while since I posted on this website. I have been trying to manage my menopause/thyroid symptoms for sometime now. My GP put me on Levothyroxine and I was getting Palpitations and shortness of breath so I had to come off them. I have also been seeing a Cranial Ostepath to help re-balance my hormones. I did try EvorelConti patches a couple of years ago and didn't tolerate them and also Livial which made my skin really itch so I have been avoiding taking any form of HRT up until now. Just recently I felt like my whole body and mind had gone into overdrive and I was unable to tolerate any noise and felt overwhelmed with a really tight head. I had some Femoston in the cupboard for a year that was still in date, so desperate to get rid of the over stimulated feeling I started taken the Femoston 1/10 which was prescribed to me. I am postmenopausal by 1 year although I had an Endometriam Ablation, :o so hard to tell the exact time only through lab results. Within a day all my symptoms went away. I was amazed and felt really calm. Been on them 5 days and have started to notice period pains/ cramping and mild aches in my legs. I am so anxious about HRT especially the tablet form, and wanted to ask you ladies and experts if this is a common side affect and should I stay on them. Any advice would help helpful. Thanks Janice xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »

Your body will react a bit - you are starting from a low oestrogen baseline. A gynaecologist once described HRT as “waking the body up” - so essentially the hormones are bringing things back to life.
The irresponsible scares about HRT have caused so much anxiety. HRT can protect your bones and heart for the long term, it also helps prevent urogenital atrophy, muscle loss and it gives many women their life back.
Feeling worried about taking HRT can actually cause some side effects.
Femoston has one of the kinder progesterone and by using a sequential hrt you may get fewer side effects but will have to put up with a monthly bleed - many women choose to stick with sequi hrt to avoid too much progesterone.
I suspect you had trouble with the patches because they are medium dose - Femoston 1:10 is a low dose.
Get out for walks, practise some relaxation techniques and try to get on with life. I bet in a few weeks you'll be sleeping better and have more energy and your life will improve generally.
The very small risks of hrt only start if still on hrt beyond 60.
If you are in you 50s or younger then hrt is probably exactly what you need. DG x

jancis

Re: Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »

Hi dancing girl,

Thankyou so much for your inspirational advice. This has helped a lot with my anxiety and hopefully yes in a few weeks I will dancing around the park.

Thank you so much 😊