Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Night Sweats back again after a couple of years ?  (Read 794 times)

Bomber

Night Sweats back again after a couple of years ?
« on: November 22, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »

Hi Everyone,
Haven't been around for quite a while as I'm on HRT patches (Everol 50) and my symptoms had largely resolved themselves and I'm now coming up for 56 yrs - ( My main symptoms were Nausea and acid,Joint Pains,Night Sweats,Anxiety, Tinnitus ). However, in the last few weeks or so the night sweats and to a lesser extent the nausea and acid have come back. I woke around 4am this morning, wet through with sweat and freezing cold. Should I be worried about this ?   

Dancinggirl

Re: Night Sweats back again after a couple of years ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »

It sounds to me as though you are getting acid reflux that needs some attention. It is common to get digestive problems when menopause hits so I'm afraid it's about changing your diet and lifestyle to cope with this.  HRT do't fix everything adn a one off night sweat could ewe be down to some bad indigestion.

I have struggled with heartburn acid reflux and digestive problems and have found that by eating much smaller meal regularly, cutting out stodgy food that is difficult to digest and getting enough exercise, I very few problems now.
You could ask for a PPI drug that reduces the acid but these can have bad long term effects, as they stop you digesting and absorbing food properly. 

Do cut out caffein, fruits juices and alcohol but drink enough water and things like mint tea.  DG x

Maxwin

Re: Night Sweats back again after a couple of years ?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »

Hi, I am on everol 25 patch and next year will be 60, I still have night sweats some nights mild others bad. I just think sometimes the HRT doesn't absorb as well or your body is just reacting differently to the weather.  This year I seem to be struggling with the weight of my duvet feels heavy all the time, but last year it felt just right. I do know if you mention anything to the doctors they just say increase your HRT dose, its taken me years to get down to 25 patch so really don't want to increase it again.  Hope things settle down again for you.