Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Increasing HRT  (Read 713 times)

Joannie10

Increasing HRT
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

Hi

it has taken sometime but generally I would say that I have found with the help of the Menopause Clinic the right HRT.  I had radical hysterectomy at the age of 46 after ovarian cancer being found.  I am so lucky that this removed all signs of the disease and I still receive regular check ups.  I am very fit and healthy and would have described myself as pretty happy go lucky.   The cancer came as such a shock as other than a bit of stomach discomfort that I thought might be endometriosis I had no symptoms.    Anyway - back to the HRT.  I felt I was having symptoms for about a year but felt that in time after the surgery etc things would settle but they didn't so took advice and tried HRT.  First one seemed to help and agreed with my doctor after 3 months could increase a little.   This didn't agree with me and seemed to take a step back.   I was then referred to the Menopause Clinic (appointment took about 4 months) and put on Everol 50 patch.  Found quite quickly that aches, sweats , fuzzy headedness and emotions calmed down and more importantly I got back my lust for life a bit.  After a couple of months though I felt that things went back a bit - mostly the aches and just that life seemed to be a bit of a drag again and I just lost my spark.  Had another review and we increased to Everol 75 and again all good.  But again after an initial high things seem to have gone back down again and I'm due another review tomorrow.  The clinic are great and so lovely that I know they won't make me feel like I'm wasting their time but I'm wondering am I just expecting too much from my HRT - at the age of 48 and having been through Cancer surgery, should I perhaps just be expecting that life has changed a bit and really it's up to me to pick myself up and really this isn't an HRT or menopause issue?    I am functioning absolutely fine - I do still work out and have happy times with friends and family that I'm not trying to paint an over bleak picture but just wondering am I now relying on HRT to make the difference in my life?  I'd appreciate others views on this :) 

Ruby10

Re: Increasing HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »

HI Jojo

I haven't been through what you have been through but I have been on evrorel 50. I am in peri stage and was on everol 50 for about 8 months and it seemed to have stopped working . So i was put on Estelle due 1 mg and after 3 months all my symptoms are back again. The dr has just put up to Estelle duet 2 mg to see if this takes the peri symptoms away. I think it makes you feel like we are always pestering the dr but we need to feel right in ourselves to cope with life.  I am hoping i can find that these meds are better for me. The symptoms that came back are heart palpitations really bad and hot sweats and low mood.
Hope things settle down for you soon.

Joannie10

Re: Increasing HRT
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »

thanks Ruby - I was never at the Doctor for anything before and along with this and some nerve damage we are trying to manage pain for after my surgery and other things that crop up I feel I am never away at the moment.   I don't sleep well but never have that I would say that I feel low mood, lack of concentration and aches are my main concerns but just can't help that I'm expecting the HRT to sort out the low mood and lack of concentration and maybe that just isn't the issue.     They did say that really I was mine was the kind of situation that would possibly see me going to the Everol 100 but I'm just wondering should I be seeking other ways of managing my mindset and riding things out with the Everol 75 as things are and see how it goes.  I know I can ask these questions tomorrow but just curious on others opinions

I hope also things settle for you too