Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 holiday question....  (Read 771 times)

alibeau

Femoston 1/10 holiday question....
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »

Morning!

Just starting on month 4 of Femoston 1/10 and everything has settled down quite nicely!

I am going on holiday in 4 weeks time and given the pattern that my cycle has taken, this means I will have my period when we are due to fly.  I'm not overly bothered about this other than I do tend to be quite headachey around this time and would really prefer to feel 100% (if possible) on the day we fly.

I have worked out that if I did not take two of my white tablets this month (so took 12 instead of 14) and therefore started the grey tablets two days early, hopefully any nasty 'period' symptoms would not fall on the day we fly....

However I am super conscious that I do not want to mess things up when they are generally going pretty well.

Has anyone else messed about with their tablets in this way?

Ali x

Hurdity

Re: Femoston 1/10 holiday question....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:15:29 PM »

If you are peri-menopausal then your own hormones may come into play and mess up your plans - but may be worth a try! There definitely are women who are always asking this and trying different things but we don't usually hear the outcome and what they did! You could try a search with holiday and HRT in the search bar and see if any of the threads come up!

If you only get headachey for a couple of days following changing back to the oestrogen only pills (rather than your own cycle) then you might be in luck if you change your cycle for this month - but if it doesn't work - make sure you have a good supply of your usual pain-killers!!

Glad it is working for you generally and fingers crossed you will feel OK when you travel - where are you off to?

Hurdity x

alibeau

Re: Femoston 1/10 holiday question....
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »

Thank you for your reply.

Having given it some more thought I am feeling reluctant to mess about with the pills given that things are pretty settled at the moment....

Just off to Lanzarote for (hopefully) a sunny week before Xmas  :)

Thanks again.

Ali x