Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Lisa1966  (Read 891 times)

Droopeydrawers

Lisa1966
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »

Hi Lisa my friend I'm so sorry to hear your still struggling I had hoped the consultant would work closer with you to try and help but anyway obviously not.
I've had every type private and otherwise of hrt regimes over this last year+at first I thought I'd cracked it but then suffered various side effects and less benefits.i had no oestrogen or testosterone the consultant said he was shocked by blood results after that first year of trying he didn't expect to see that.my gastric issues were so bad that I had to focus more on recovering from that than anything else but then during my "strong times" I researched more and more and decided to stop the hrt and almost immediately all the nasty side effect symtons also stopped.the painful breasts the migraines pounding my head and ears and jaw line the acid attacks during my sleep waking me up choking on fluid, all the things my " consultants" said were not recognised as being caused by transdermal treatments.ive given up paying out anymore money to these people because as soon as you pop that card in that reader and go out the door your pretty much left to your own devices.im doing ok on my own now.no hrt just vagifem and coconut oil where I need it.my point is if your back in a place now where your not getting the support you need then listen to the advice from our forum and rethink your strategies.my advice now for you would be go and see your gp armed with the knowledge you've now accumulated and personally if she agrees you have no high risk factors get her to put you on the older premarin hrt.if your bodies not absorbing like mines then the one type of oestrogen in the gels/ patches is obviously of no value to you.premarin has the 3 types the same as your body so maybe that's the route you need to look into.ok we are all aware of the ethics of premarin but you can pretty much say that about most pharmaceuticals.if you need help and as long as your gp has no objections knowing your history id give this a try Lisa.at least go and discuss and don't spend any more cash on consultants until you do this.if I ever feel I need hrt again this would be my choice.lots of love and best wishes.DD😘

Lisa1966

Re: Lisa1966
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

Hi hunny,
I'm so happy you are doing ok,I have been meaning to email you,how was Christmas,did you have a nice day?
I think I will ring the drs tomorrow and go to discuss my options,I'm feeling a bit nervous today,maybe it's the time of year,but I am trying to fight it,I'm better when I am at work lol.
I miss our little chats.
   Lots of love Lisa 😘

Droopeydrawers

Re: Lisa1966
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »

Hi ladies I'm doing fine have my off days like everyone but overall coping well.still playing around with my theories lol.its like I say time after time I trust my own instincts more than any other sources and I'm happy to fiddle around with things till I feel comfortable with what I've come up with and I find the forum a valuable source of info that helps me with my fiddling.we all need someone to bounce off don't we.lisa I hope you got some gp support today and feel a bit happier in your options and robin yes I have the new book by Dr Rangan he's my go to hero these days I love his positive attititude and his dedication to his patients and he just reinforces so much of what we already know deep down but we just need that nudge to put it into practice.have a happy and healthy new year guys and I sincerely hope it's a huge step forward in your meno battles, it can only get better for you.love DD😘